Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rubydoppler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
USA
Am I missing something?? How Can I do this?

I want google to come up when I open Safari not whatever I was looking at previously. Is this possible? I don't see the option.

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
go to safari --> preferences --> general --> new windows open with (home page) and put your home page into the home page window below.

throttlemeister

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2009
Netherlands
Am I missing something?? How Can I do this?

I want google to come up when I open Safari not whatever I was looking at previously. Is this possible? I don't see the option.

System preferences, general, uncheck "restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps"

Or, if you don't want that feature disabled globally, quit Safari by using option-cmd-q instead of cmd-q.

Rubydoppler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
USA
okay I did both the General system preferences disable and my preferences in Safari were already set to open the homepage with a new window. I quit Safari and opened it and it restored everything.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
open Safari to your homepage and quit it. then go to ~/Library/Saved Application State/ and lock com.apple.Safari.savedState and then Safari should always open to the state that you just locked :)

note: to lock a file/folder right click it and choose Get Info (or select it & press command+I) and then click "Locked" in the info window.

SongEmu

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
Locking the save state file and opt+cmd q both worked for me. Thanks for sharing... now Safari is once again a viable browser for me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.