Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Silas1066
macrumors member

Proxy Server solution

I am looking to implement proxy servers at several locations in my company, and I wanted to get some advice from you guys.

A mac mini OSX server (I suppose it would be Lion at this point): it is inexpensive, doesn't require user licenses, and is easy to administer.

However, what proxy software would work with this? Squid is one possibility, but I am not sure how good it is, or how difficult it is to get to work with OSX.

Another option would be a Linux box, but I'm not sure what proxy software would work best here either.

Power and ease of administration are more important than cost.
Silas1066 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking