Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As enterprise stalwart RIM falters, Apple is stepping up its targeting of business users with this ad on the back page of The Economist, a very influential business magazine. The ad touts several business apps, including Bloomberg, The Economist, Oracle Business Indicators, and iWork; and ends with the tagline:
iPhone loves business. With over 425,000 apps, the best phone for apps just keeps getting better.
In Apple's Q2 2011 earnings call, COO Tim Cook noted that 88% of Fortune 500 companies are deploying or testing the iPhone, with 75% doing the same for the iPad. Apple also has an extensive iPhone in business page, including case studies and information on how the iPhone can integrate into a company's existing IT infrastructure.

Thanks Tim!

Article Link: New Print Ad Touts iPhone's Business Savvy

Last edited by a moderator:

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Not only does it have exchange support, but it has VPN support, and Angry Birds support.

Typo in the article btw.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
I hate to be that guy... but why is this news? :confused:

I just saw an iPad billboard put up recently. Should that be posted too?

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO
Typo in the article btw.
Fixed, if it's the one I think it was.

I hate to be that guy... but why is this news? :confused:

I just saw an iPad billboard put up recently. Should that be posted too?
Not to feed the "slow news day" crowd, but this is news because enterprise is an arena that Apple has traditionally had a lot of difficulty penetrating. The iPhone, and now the iPad, both are making tremendous inroads in the corporate world, in ways the Mac never could.

This is a shot across the bow at RIM, which is still the favorite in a lot of corporations.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
No doubt. I use my iPhone for business and personal use. A good friend and colleague who works for a public safety software company uses an iPhone and iPad for business.

It [iOS] just works.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
No FIPS

Apple, how about working on the FIPS140-2 compliance so the Federal Government can dump Blackberry and start using iOS devices.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

iOS needs better group messaging/email functionality before it truly becomes great for business. Right now it's "pretty good" for business. Those of us who regularly need to message 40+ people need better functionality in this department.

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

iOS needs better group messaging/email functionality before it truly becomes great for business. Right now it's "pretty good" for business. Those of us who regularly need to message 40+ people need better functionality in this department.

Better in what way? Seriously. I've never used any berries, let alone a blackberry. I do love my strawberries though. Back on topic, I know that group messaging exists in iOS already, in what way is BB messaging better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.