Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Anyone experienced this? My 3 AA version of the aluminum bluetooth keyboard had a battery explode or leak. Got the first two out, now the third is stuck down there, deep down.

Tried using a little bit of baking soda to neutralize it, hoping it would dislodge it. No help.

Further it is the straight side of the battery that I see, not the button edge. I have been trying to grab with some surgical instruments, but there is nothing to grab a hold of.

Any ideas? I don't have a drill bit long enough to reach.

Anyone know how they come apart? I may just hacksaw the back and force it out. Beats buying a new keyboard and it will be just the back.

seandavid010

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2006
Before cutting anything, I'd try gluing the battery to some sort of probe. Maybe smear some quick-dry epoxy on the end of a dowel (or metal rod) and wait for it to cure, then just try to pull it straight out. Maybe try to (slowly and carefully) drill a small hole in the top of the battery, thread a screw into the hole and try pulling it out that way? Hope this helps.

vkobejitsu

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Before cutting anything, I'd try gluing the battery to some sort of probe. Maybe smear some quick-dry epoxy on the end of a dowel (or metal rod) and wait for it to cure, then just try to pull it straight out. Maybe try to (slowly and carefully) drill a small hole in the top of the battery, thread a screw into the hole and try pulling it out that way? Hope this helps.

Excellent tip. Just pulled out a battery yesterday by gluing some chopsticks to the battery and pulling it out.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.