Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ladeer

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I go there for beer bash. Inside is just another corporate campus. Been to most of them including google, I personally like vmware most.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hhmm.... I work about 15 minutes from them...."I'm off at 1:30pm m-f" I'd like a shirt...why not.

Last edited by a moderator:

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
What are their hours, and are they open on Saturdays? I would drive up from SoCal to pick up some stuff.

http://www.apple.com/companystore/

Store Hours:
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Phone: (408) 974-5050

Cupertino, CA 95014

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I go there for beer bash. Inside is just another corporate campus. Been to most of them including google, I personally like vmware most.

You've been to the inside of these campuses, you say? How?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pamani

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
California
ha, I drive by the campus all the time. I serviced a fumehood in one of the buildings. Im gonna go buy a shirt for the hell of it.

mute-posting

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
I saw these in early May when I visited California.

I was going to purchase one but unfortunately there were obviously 2 suppliers with vastly different qualities....

The first had printed onto a high quality tee shirt with a seam down each side that "looked" really decent quality, but these higher quality tee shirts were only available in Small and Medium (I wanted a Large)

The other supplier (which was available in all sizes) had printed onto a really cheap and nasty "tube" style shirt (no side seams) which looked miss-shapen even on the hanger, and I just knew that after 1 wash the shirt would be ruined beyond all recognition.

logandzwon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
...open to the public just inside the entrance at 1 Infinite Loop...

It's actually to the right of the main entrance. You can go in the store without walking through any of the campus's entrances.

As far as PCs, they do have each model on display, like an Apple Store. I believe employees have a special website they have to use to buy their PCs on a corporate discount.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
As far as PCs, they do have each model on display, like an Apple Store. I believe employees have a special website they have to use to buy their PCs on a corporate discount.
I used to work for a company that got a corporate discount on Macs - IIRC it was just a separate link on the Apple Webstore that required a pre-approved login. Once you logged in, the discount you got was allready applied.

It may work differently for Apple Employees, but that's what I had.

mikeoc

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2009
London
I had a Performa as well, and it was also a bit junky. Never gave up on Apple, though. Though I do miss the days before the iPhone/iPod when you really felt like part of a tight-knit group (I'm talking the eWorld/ResExcellence days).

I had a Performa 6300CD that I updated as much as possible with a graphics card so I could run a big monitor, maxed the RAM to the full 64Mb and all the other AV cards, think I replaced the HD with a 20Gb drive at some point as well. Cost a fortune at the time but it was worth it.

On that Mac I learnt the tools of my trade (Graphic Designer) and completed my first big paid for projects on. Can't say I ever did have any real problems with it and it always proved itself a stable workhorse.

In fact I still have it, I've never had the heart to get rid of it. You're right, there was something nice about those times when you could hold your head up high about being part of the community - although I'm glad Apple now enjoys the security that it's success has brought it.

I want one of those t-shirts.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
apple T Shirts

Why can't the rest of us non-native californians, buy these online?:confused::mad:

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

This $17 t-shirt sums up most visits to Apple's corporate headquarters in Cupertino. Available only at Apple's Company Store, it's a bit more classy than "I visited Apple HQ and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" -- but sends the same message. The shirt reads:Apple's corporate store, open to the public just inside the entrance at 1 Infinite Loop, hosts a wide array of merchandise with the famous Apple logo emblazoned on them: hats, t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more. It's the only place in the world to purchase official Apple merchandise. Don't expect to stop by the Genius Bar though -- the store doesn't sell computers or offer service: it's strictly souvenirs.

Tip to OS X Daily, and iLounge for the picture.

Article Link: Apple Souvenir T-Shirt Jokes About Company's Secrecy

mnemonix

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
It is grammatically incorrect to start a sentence with a preposition: 'But...'

That is all.

Nothlit

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
I visited the Apple Company Store last year when I was out there for WWDC. If you've ever been to a college bookstore, then you know exactly what the Apple Company Store is like: overpriced souvenirs consisting of cheap pens, pencils, coffee mugs, t-shirts, mousepads, etc. with the Apple logo screen-printed on them. Certainly nothing worth the amount they charge for it, unless you just really want it for the logo. I didn't buy anything. It was fun just to visit the campus and walk around the loop. This was on Sunday, the day before WWDC was to begin, and the parking lot was pretty much completely deserted.

Edit: the store is not usually open on Sundays, but they had extended hours for WWDC visitors.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
The Company Store is more than just a souvenir shop -- it's a mini Apple Store. You can most certainly purchase more than shirts (some hardware, iPods, software, accessories, etc. The exception is that it does not have a Genius Bar.

(Of course, most people just go for the souvenirs, but the fact that they actually sell products makes it pretty cool in its own right.)

Found some great photos of the place on Flickr.

877852548_32eef69432_o.jpg
5854496309_ff3bab23ae_o.jpg

Last edited:

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
What are their hours, and are they open on Saturdays? I would drive up from SoCal to pick up some stuff.

"Store Hours:
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m."

Nope, no Saturday hours...

EDIT: I'll be out there in October. Can't wait to get there... Visiting the Mothership. We already call the Apple Store's the 'center of the universe'. The Apple store on Regent Street was a fantastic lifesaver. The 'wc's' are GREAT!

Last edited:

Tiggs

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
They do sell MacMini's, AppleTV's, AP Extremes, iPods, and sometimes even iPads as well besides the souvenirs. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.