Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diesal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
hello all , please can anyone help , i have a iphone 4 , had it on itunes putting music on and my son pressed restore !! phone was jailbroken and unlocked , now on itunes its saying " sim installed not supported "and it needs activating , i dont know original carrier as i got phone off a friend who lives in France , WHAT CAN I DO :(

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
hello all , please can anyone help , i have a iphone 4 , had it on itunes putting music on and my son pressed restore !! phone was jailbroken and unlocked , now on itunes its saying " sim installed not supported "and it needs activating , i dont know original carrier as i got phone off a friend who lives in France , WHAT CAN I DO :(

Unfortunately, your baseband was updated in the restore and you are no longer unlocked. You can use Redsn0w to "hactivate" it for now and use it as an iPod. Your only choice is to order a Gevey SIM online and unlock it that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.