Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's stock closed at an all-time high this afternoon at $364.92, up $7.15 on the day.

Rumors have been flying over the past few weeks about new products, including new MacBook Airs, Mac Mini's, Mac Pro's, the next iPhone, and new versions of the OS X and iOS. Investors seem to be pretty enthusiastic about the new lineup that Apple has in the pipeline.

Since its initial public offering in December 1980, AAPL is up more than 10,000%, having gone through three 2:1 splits, the most recent on February 28, 2005.

The highest close prior to today was $363.13 back on February 16, 2011.

Article Link: AAPL Closes At All Time High: $364.92

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Wow that's gone up a lot. I bet we see a lot of people cashing out around now and it goes lower tomorrow, but Apple is definitely doing very well.

satkin2

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It will stay high until the quarterly results then drop a bit as investors cash in. But I can see it remaining pretty high while ever they are seen as market leaders and makers

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
That is amazing; their market capitalisation is ~336 Billion! I hope this can growth can continue for the foreseeable future. This news makes me wish that I owned more than one AAPL share :p

zgh1999

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
Fark yeah!

I am an AAPL shareholder, and I feel farking rich!

Buy more Apple products.

Everyone should have an iPad and an iPhone and an iPod and an iMac.

Hear me rawr!

Angra-mainju

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
UK
it's a bubble, probably ending with steve's death which is in around 4-5 years or any huge product fail

mlmwalt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa, USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

zgh1999 said:
Fark yeah!

I am an AAPL shareholder, and I feel farking rich!

Buy more Apple products.

Everyone should have an iPad and an iPhone and an iPod and an iMac.

Hear me rawr!

Me too! Life is good!

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
And to think my dad was bug-eyed last year when I told him $250/sh was still a good entry.. lol! I got mine at $78 in 2009 :D:D:D

Oh, and I won't be cashing in next week with the conference call. target is higher. way higher. 10 percent market share is mind boggling. I'm aiming for 25%

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
The ITC ruling in favor of Apple may have something to do with this.
I feel bad for HTC, but hey, patents are patents, and nobody completely understands the logic behind patents: Results may vary.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
The Bid/Ask is another buck higher than that in the after market. I expect it to open up higher on Monday as I don't think the HTC thing is fully priced in. The market in general could take a dump if the debt limit isn't taken care of though.

Speedy2

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2008
i cant really see a huge product fail, but i think you're correct about steve its going to collapse when that happens

It will surely drop in the first moment, buti's not going to collapse.
Microsoft is the best example how a company can keep their revenue and market value even with a ridiculously lousy leadership after BG's departure. Apple is in a similarly strong position. People will still buy the products even without SJ at the helm. The company is simply too big now and in too good of a position that it can be ruined quickly. And it's not that the people behind SJ are suddenly gonna do a bad job.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5259f)

Incredible! 5 years ago I was telling a friend to buy shares just after they jumped to intel. They were around $60 a share! He thought it was too high at the time so he passed. I wished that I had some money to invest back then!

JimMacFan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
I've liquidated all of my original investment in AAPL and now all shares I hold are profits. This stock has been good to me.....I will be selling more next week.....

iphoneblack

macrumors member
May 21, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

Will sell mine end of this year. After iPhone 5 released :)

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
it's a bubble, probably ending with steve's death which is in around 4-5 years or any huge product fail

1. It is not a bubble. If you look at the P/E Apple is very undervalued. If you look at the PEG, Apple is one of the most undervalued stocks in the history of the market.

2. Apple has many very good people at the top. Some of them are probably more skilled than Mr. Jobs. He has many talents, perhaps his best one is recruiting the best talent for his company.

I want a 5 for 1 stock split! :D

If you have too big of a split and the price of the stock goes down too far, you will get a lot of less serious investors and the stock will become a lot more volatile. Some times you want to keep the little guy out, even if it keeps your stock from growing a bit faster.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

Will sell mine end of this year. After iPhone 5 released :)

Things like planed product releases tend to be factored in well before the event. It is best to buy or sell on the announcement or the first rumors. (I think I know a good website where you can track those rumors.)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

When Steve steps down or dies Apple stock will temporarily tank, but it will go back up quickly once people realize that there are other talented people working there. And when that happens if I have spare money sitting around I might be tempted to buy some.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
When Steve steps down or dies Apple stock will temporarily tank, but it will go back up quickly once people realize that there are other talented people working there. And when that happens if I have spare money sitting around I might be tempted to buy some.

yep. I plan on buying shortly after his death. I do not see it recovering to the point that it was since the Apple fansboys/girls god is dead so his media part will be dead but I do see it recovering.
and by dropping I mean it will be tanking a lot. I would not be shocked in the least to see Apple stock go below 50% of its current value at his death.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.