Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chabba

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
I found apps that allow me to stream video over the internet to my iPad, and I found apps that allow me to stream audio from the iTunes library over my local wifi connection at home.

I'm looking for something that streams audio from my iTunes library like the Apple Remote app does, but over the intarwebs. AirVideo works well for video, but not very well for audio because of the large catalog I have.

Any suggestions?

Deamos

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
I found apps that allow me to stream video over the internet to my iPad, and I found apps that allow me to stream audio from the iTunes library over my local wifi connection at home.

I'm looking for something that streams audio from my iTunes library like the Apple Remote app does, but over the intarwebs. AirVideo works well for video, but not very well for audio because of the large catalog I have.

Any suggestions?

Try Orb. Sometimes it gets a little iffy with not working, but it is the only one I have seen that fits that exact need. I use it on my iphone for car music and it works great!

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
Already downloaded on your PC?

If you synch your Ipad nd your PC does it update that APP?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.