Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alan S

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
California
I'm a Verizon customer and am about to get either the new iPhone or a Android based phone!

I want this phone to be where all my calendars (kids events, home event and work events) are synchronized. Please give your opinions on the best "online calendar" combination with "smart phones".

My most likely choice is "Google's Calendar" with the new Verizon iPhone, but I want to hear different opinions. (i.e. Android Phone & Google Calendar, or Mobile Me & iPhone, etc ...)

What are your experience synchronizing online calendars with phones.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Google Calendars will work seamlessly on an iPhone or an Android phone.
Given that it is free (unlike MobileMe), it's probably your best choice.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
I'm a Verizon customer and am about to get either the new iPhone or a Android based phone!

I want this phone to be where all my calendars (kids events, home event and work events) are synchronized. Please give your opinions on the best "online calendar" combination with "smart phones".

My most likely choice is "Google's Calendar" with the new Verizon iPhone, but I want to hear different opinions. (i.e. Android Phone & Google Calendar, or Mobile Me & iPhone, etc ...)

What are your experience synchronizing online calendars with phones.

google calendar is way better for sync'n with more than 1 person.

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
Agree with the other posts. Google calendar can sync seamlessly with iphone calendar as well as Android's one.

Also you can sync google calendar with a PC or Mac using outlook or ical.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Another vote for Google calendars.

1) Totally free
2) Synchs perfectly
3) Online version lets you manage your calendars from your phone or from their online calendar app, or via Googles own dedicated calendar app if you prefer. Ubiquitous access is a must.
4) Calendar invites cross-platform compatible for Outlook users (big plus for keeping personal and business accounts on same calendar app on your iPhone).
5) If you use a Mac, works GREAT with iCal

Honestly, I no longer see the value of Exchange-based calendar management. We've now moved our entire enterprise email/calendar over to Google Apps and abandoned Exchange. There's no need for it any longer.

And I love how my wife and I can stay in synch with both the family obligations and my business appointments. She manages the family calendar, I manage my business appointments, but we can both see each others' events so she knows whether or not I'm going to be available for some family function. I'm on an iPhone, she's on a Droid, we have multiple iPhone/Android phones across the family and everyone stays in perfect synchronization with one another...invites, calendars, calendar availability, etc. Google now owns the calendar space as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

cwda17

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
Daily schedule notification with Google Calendar

Anyone know of a workaround for the 5AM Daily Schedule notification.
I would love to get the info the evening before?

cwda17

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
Daily schedule notification with Google Calendar

Couldn't you set a night-before event to remind you?
Not sure what you mean here.
Under my Google Calendar "Notification" settings, it says the "Daily Agenda" is sent out to my email at 5AM of my local time zone. (No selectable change option here.)
What I was hoping to do is somehow get it sent out the night before like my "Airset" calendar does. Otherwise I need to keep on using Airset.
I like an email giving me a heads up to upcoming events sent out eve before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.