Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
I think im just going to update to Lion with out a clean install. If I think something is funky is going on, then I'll make a bootable and restore from that.

Cool. I need the fresh install as I have been having one or two minor bugs in snow leopard so hopefully it will sort those out. Should be good either way though for everyone else

callme

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
How is Mac OS on launch day in general? Is it safe to grab it right away? This is the first time I'm going to be experiencing a new OS launch as a Mac user so I really have no idea.. though I am skeptical given the failure that was FCPX.

I'm hearing lots of people with GM saying that it's still fairly buggy and I've got a ton of work to do so I don't want to compromise that.. any suggestions?

I have been using Lion on my two machines for a few months now, and while there were issues early on the GM has been great. I'm sure there are things to fix, but I have no major issues or things that stop me working. All my Apps have been compatible.

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
I know this is a bit off topic, but I there is something wrong with the homepage of MacRumors???

Anyways, I hope Lion will be a great OS upgrade when I actually get it.... :)

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
I have the GM and it runs ok for me, but I guess it depends what apps and how you set up and config your mac.

I'm running Skype, Filezilla, TextMate, Photoshop, Sparrow, Chrome, iTunes, Adium, Dropbox, Twitter, MagicPrefs, aLaunch and TotalFinder on a daily basis.

As long as none of those screw up I'm fine with upgrading :)

Golden Eagle 05

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
May God have mercy on their servers and the interwebs as a whole.

I got a good laugh from your post! You're right about the load that will occur! I'm sure extra cooling units are in order as the server requests per minute will be enormous! Here's hoping that we can get a decent transfer rate tomorrow morning!

Obi Wan Kenobi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2011
London, UK
Only Lion has been mentioned. New MBAs or other hardware updates have not.

I wonder if they'll drag out the new releases to keep themselves in the tech media spotlight for longer.
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.