Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rattler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
My dad's iPad has quite a bit of apps (400+), but most of them he doesn't use and they are just wasting space. Since there are so many they do not all fit on the Home screens and the only way to access them is by using the search feature on the iPad. What would be the easiest way to delete those apps? It would take a while to delete all the apps from the home screens to fill in with the other apps so I was wondering if there was a simpler method. Thanks

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
You've got 2 options.

1.) Create folders for him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMUS2X6d8tQ

2.) If you want to delete them, just hold your finger on on the the non-Apple apps until you see them jiggling. At that point, you'll notice they have an 'x' on them. Tap the 'x' to remove the app(s).

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Try to delete the app-Folder in var/mobile/Applications with i.e. iFile or iPhoneExplorer.
Then bespring and the apps are gone...

DeViAnThans3

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
Belgium (Europe)
I believe it's possible from within iTunes: attach your iPad to your PC, go to iTunes > your ipad > "Apps" and from the left panel, you can select apps and press the delete button. :)

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
I believe it's possible from within iTunes: attach your iPad to your PC, go to iTunes > your ipad > "Apps" and from the left panel, you can select apps and press the delete button. :)

Yep, that is the way to go... Easiest way to add and delete apps.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Chosen by Voters
Tap and hold on any icon.

They will start wiggling.

Now tap the X next to the application you want to delete.

Note: there is no way to remove the original 16 applications from the home screen...except parental controls which only has like five.

Read the OP's opening post rather than 'thread title'...

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Maybe I don't understand, but if you've already deleted the apps, why would you need to delete that folder? I am confuse.

It's just another way for deleting apps. Of course, if you delete them i.e. on the springboard you won't have to delete the folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.