Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackhdev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
Hi, I'm taking a certification course this week and wanted to know if there is an age restriction for the certification exam. Apple's Training Site is down right now, so I can't check that out. I know the company I'm being trained at and will take the exam at doesn't make the rules, but it would be total BS if they say I can't take the exam since I'm under 18, but happily take my $2,000 for a CERTIFICATION course and don't bother mentioning anything about age. Thanks for your help!! :apple:

jackhdev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
Thanks, I know that but I think that it could not apply to certification... Idk, that's why I'm here! For example, (until the training site is back up) how does the SSAT and SAT tests prevent you from posting the questions online? That's the only issue I could see, having to sign a NDA so that you won't talk about the test, but there really shouldn't be a need for one?? Thanks!

benzslrpee

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
i'm going to assume that to take any type of certification you'll need to sign various terms and agreements that comes with being certified. depending on where you live and the laws in that area, sometimes the legal age of adulthood must be met before signed terms and agreements come into effect. especially if these certifications relate to potential employment.

seeing as you're under 18, i'd recommend you to save the $2000 and get a masters in EE/MechE/IE at a reputable college. you'll learn and earn far more than you ever will compared with any type of professional certification.

jonnyz

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
$2000?

I bought a $50 book to get my ACSP and another $50 book to get my ACTC. Believe me, no Apple Certification is worth anything remotely close to $2000. As for the age restriction, I don't remember there being one when I took the tests.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.