Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hhaydenn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Australia
Ok, so my friend gave me Server.app on a usb so I just opened it etc. and now I want to make it so it was before I opened that and it configured. Basically I want (see photo) this, go back to just Mac OS X Lion 10.7

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 12.22.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 12.22.23 PM.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 298

ForI

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Who cares? It doesn't affect the operation of the computer in any way if you don't use the server app.

Billy Boo Bob

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
Dark Side Of The Moon
Who cares? It doesn't affect the operation of the computer in any way if you don't use the server app.
Actually, Software Update will still think it's Server, but there's an easy way to fix it...

In System/Library/CoreServices/ there's two files... ServerVersion.plist and SystemVersion.plist... This appears to be where it gets the info for the "About This Mac" dialog, but it also effects what Software Update does... If ServerVersion.plist is present, it will look for updates for Server... If it's not there, then it moves on to SystemVersion.plist and SW Update will then operate on Client OS updates. There's also, IIRC, some changes in System Prefs, too, between the two.

For the most part I'm sure that there's really no difference on the OS update for either one, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.