Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
It doesn't work for me.

I get Facebook to run in its iPad version, but it won't let me log on.

When I deleted, reloaded the iPhone version, it logged in perfectly.

I applied the hack again, it started loading the iPad version, said, "loading news", then BAM, back to the login screen.

It looks like Facebook is trying to stop people from using it.

Does Suckerberg hate the iPad???

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Same here. I have the iPad version but the login fails "Unable to connect to FB".

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
It doesn't work for me.

I get Facebook to run in its iPad version, but it won't let me log on.

When I deleted, reloaded the iPhone version, it logged in perfectly.

I applied the hack again, it started loading the iPad version, said, "loading news", then BAM, back to the login screen.

It looks like Facebook is trying to stop people from using it.

Does Suckerberg hate the iPad???

Same here. :(

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
it's working on my ipad2 right now (10 am pst). it wouldn't log in when i first hacked the plist file, but started working a few minutes later.

anyway, it's an ok app. one major annoyance is that there's no way to remove the chat sidebar whether online or offline when in news feed mode and landscape mode. that's the only orientation i ever use. hope a way to remove that sidebar surfaces soon.

update: still working on my ipad2, but it doesn't work on my wife's ipad1.

Last edited:

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
It's been working for me on my iPad 2 since this morning. Those of you having problems running it. Did you restart your iPad after the iFile change?

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
It's been working for me on my iPad 2 since this morning. Those of you having problems running it. Did you restart your iPad after the iFile change?
yes.

I was even loggen in with the iPhone version, then the iPad version loggen me out from FB and can't connect. I guess I'll have to wait for the official release :)

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
When I first restarted the app after a reboot of iPad, it opened up fine. But when I tried to update most recent, the app logged me out. Now I can't log in unless I click "sign up for Facebook"->"I already have a Facebook account". However it will only display the generic mobile version.

Anyone having any luck logging in? Did Facebook make an update on their end to block logins if they detect the app is running in iPad mode?

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
What's the big deal about accessing it this way? It's not as if they are going to release an official iPad app anytime soon. This is just as lame as not being able to access the Google+ app on my iPad. I tried doing the workaround for that, but it doesn't work on my Windows PC.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
To anyone that got it running (I did), is your text super choppy ie:not smooth?

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
no longer working for me. but hopefully fb gets their crap together and releases it soon. it's insane that this long into the ipad's life we still don't have a native app.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
iPhone FB app + jailbreak + retinapad + full force

Works pretty decent. I like it better than the 3rd party apps since it seems after I started using those got a lot of spam. Not sure if related or just a coincidence though.

axelf1

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
Downloaded the face book app for iPhone, done the trick with iflie, installed faceforward and rebooted.... Now have the app working fine :)

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
My newsfeed doesn't work. Nothing loads on that page. Anyone else having this problem?

Everything else appears to be working fine though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.