Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Apple Store is a pretty laid back place, with friendly staff who will help you pick out a computer -- or, if you'd prefer, leave you alone to write an entire book on the store's computers. But just how far can you push it before the staff get fed up?

New York-based comedian Mark Malkoff decided to test the limits of the Apple Store's friendliness.

Video Link

Article Link: You Can Bring A Goat To The Apple Store

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
LOL... WTF? A pizza delivered and nobody had anything to say? A date with trumpet player and all? I have a feeling that my local store would not let us get away with any of that.

*I also find it ironic that I can't view this video on my iPhone. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
LOL... WTF? A pizza delivered and nobody had anything to say? A date with trumpet player and all? I have a feeling that my local store would not let us get away with any of that.

It is New York after all so there are some people that you have no choice but to deal with them.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
And don’t forget the horse who is a regular in the Apple Store!

http://blog.frankchimero.com/post/1059696119

They really do let you get away with anything* pretty much. I was there with a friend once half an hour past closing, and they answered questions we asked, but never said a word about the time. When we realized we were the only ones not in uniform, we looked at the time and figured it out for ourselves! And of course you can make calls on their iPhones, too. (I wonder—even international calls? Probably!)

* Except MySpace....

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
Someone brought a monkey in the south hills village apple store once when I was there for a appointment.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
My Apple store won't allow that - they kicked some people out for giving out handouts about 'How to Jailbreak your iPhone?''. I'm sure - when jailbreakme wasn't blocked - someone would've jailbroken the iDevices - then gotten kicked out.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Oh man, I haven't laughed so much in quite a while! My favourite was when Darth was all like 'I used to be with hotmail' :p

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
My Apple store won't allow that - they kicked some people out for giving out handouts about 'How to Jailbreak your iPhone?''. I'm sure - when jailbreakme wasn't blocked - someone would've jailbroken the iDevices - then gotten kicked out.

That sounds reasonable. You can't be giving out flyers telling you how to void your warranty because when people come back and they have a problem they will not be abled to service the phone.

bmonaye

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Some big buff guy brought in a duck at the valley fair apple store! It was hilarious!

King Flamez1

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Apple Store employee: "Did you just have a pizza delivered?"
Mark: "Yeah"
Apple Store employee: "That's awesome."

They are just the most laid back people. Working at an Apple Store has to be one of the least stressful jobs out there.

Greatest Of All Things?

Greatest Of All Time, it was a basketball reference :p

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Also don't forget about iTr3vor on YouTube. He has over a million of views of him dancing in the Apple Store in Temecula. They still let him do videos.

l.w41sh

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2009
Florida
Pizza!

I ordered a pizza while I was waiting in line for the iPad2!

Then like 2 hours later someone else did.

Trend STARTER!

peteitude

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
You could use the goat to flag someone down, and actually get some service.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.