Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

francis21

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Hey people! Well, I'm trying to create a database for my program (using sqlite3). And I just need to confirm that a database file has been created. Since I'm using Xcode 4.1 for Mac OS X Lion, the default location of the application sandbox has been changed. So I was wondering where I can find my application's sandbox. Thanks. :apple:

Sykte

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Hey people! Well, I'm trying to create a database for my program (using sqlite3). And I just need to confirm that a database file has been created. Since I'm using Xcode 4.1 for Mac OS X Lion, the default location of the application sandbox has been changed. So I was wondering where I can find my application's sandbox. Thanks. :apple:

Open Xcode, go into Preferences, click on Locations, take a look at the derived data path.

Edit: Jiminaus is correct on the path. I guess I jumped to conclusions before reading your entire post. ooops.

Last edited:

jiminaus

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Sydney
~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<iOS version>/Applications/<guid>

In there you'll find the application's app, Documents, Library and tmp directories.

Sykte

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<iOS version>/Applications/<guid>

In there you'll find the application's app, Documents, Library and tmp directories.

Jiminaus is correct. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I noticed my mistake this morning when I woke up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.