Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted by @chronic, at least one reseller has managed to get their hands on another iPhone 5 part. This time it's a iPhone 5 proximity light sensor flex cable, pictured above.

We asked iFixit's Kyle Wiens about the differences. He noted that the corresponding iPhone 4 part (pictured above/right) contains the power button, noise canceling mic and proximity/ambient light sensors. The new iPhone 5 part doesn't contain the mic, so it must be placed elsewhere.

Previously, we also saw the dock connector to the iPhone 5 leaked. So, while we can't build an iPhone 5 yet, the leakage of individual parts is likely a sign that we're getting closer and closer to launch.

The most recent rumors have the iPhone 5 launching in October.

Article Link: More iPhone 5 Parts Leak Ahead of Official Launch

geoffeg

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
ZOMG, a part! Apple will indeed be releasing another iPhone at some point in the future!

jwhite878

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
I'm not sure I buy the October release date. It just makes no sense, I think they'd wanna release it with iOS 5 and ahead or along side of the new iPods.

MiWall81

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2011
iPhone 5 please...

Hurry up already, I'm about to lose my mind this this piece of junk iPhone 3G... Broke my last phone (3gs) so had to downgrade to my brothers old iPhone 3G for free... And I hate this phone with a passion. The letter "A" doesn't work and the "0" doesn't work... Sweetness! : (

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Hurry up already, I'm about to lose my mind this this piece of junk iPhone 3G... Broke my last phone (3gs) so had to downgrade to my brothers old iPhone 3G for free... And I hate this phone with a passion. The letter "A" doesn't work and the "0" doesn't work... Sweetness! : (

How is that possible on a phone without a hardware keyboard?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
the leakage of individual parts is likely a sign that we're getting closer and closer to launch.

Of course we're getting closer to launch day. That's just the way time works. I would be worried if we were somehow moving through space time in such a way that meant we were getting further from launch day.

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
Could be september after all....still not enough evidence...this could be for anything. I wanna see some pictures of it from gizmoto (-:

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Why couldn't those two parts both be facing the same direction? One is clearly upside down. Makes comparing the two harder, although they're clearly different regardless.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Sorry, couldn't resist!

2qsctts.jpg

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
I'm not sure I buy the October release date. It just makes no sense, I think they'd wanna release it with iOS 5 and ahead or along side of the new iPods.

Apple didn't realise the iPhone on the old schedule, what makes you think the iPod event will definitely be in September as usual?

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I'm thinking it will be announced September and released early October.

Hopefully not though. ATT blackouts are for the last two weeks of September. There should be an Apple event in the first week of September I'd hope.

heimo

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2010
Now all I want to see is a grainy photo of a dude at Starbucks holding an iPhone 5 proximity light sensor flex cable in his hands, allegedly conducting field testing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.