Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Wish they found the camera. I'm interested in where the camera is going on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Look around people, Stocks falling, market plummeting:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mon...more-than-400-as-market-plunge-continues.html

Its essential they save their share prices and can't they do it by releasing some information about iphone 5 ? Yes they can :D

P.S APPL: 379.81 -12.76 (-3.25%) I guess its not working, apple bring it on, release iphone sooner.

European markets may need to be recapitalized, causing a sell off. Apple releasing info won't help them this week.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Now all I want to see is a grainy photo of a dude at Starbucks holding an iPhone 5 proximity light sensor flex cable in his hands, allegedly conducting field testing.

dbimw8.jpg

Psst... An anonymous source sent me this grainy spyshot in Starbucks earlier today.

It must be true! ;)

benjs

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
It doesn't need a mic, because the new iPhone 5 will use video gestures for communication ;)

"In a move described by some as 'somewhat controlling', Apple is to impose its will on early adopters of the iPhone 5.

'We believe talking is out', Steve Jobs stated at the press announcement for the freshly announced iPhone, 'and, really, with the superb cameras now standard with every single iPhone sold, we feel that sign language and lip-reading via video conferencing are due to replace the primitive means of communication in no time at all'.

Jobs went on to demo iLipRead, which, sadly, did not work quite as planned; misinterpreting Jobs' call to 'Johnny Ives', as a request to dial 'MacGyver'.

It's going to be an interesting product launch this time around for Apple."

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
From the pictures it looks like the same part but just twisted differently. People treat this like UFO technology from the sky.

Look again (beyond the beer mugs). There are many differences, even if you position them the same way.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Of course we're getting closer to launch day. That's just the way time works. I would be worried if we were somehow moving through space time in such a way that meant we were getting further from launch day.

I wouldn't be worried at all. That would mean that I would have had my iPhone 5 in hand.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
"In a move described by some as 'somewhat controlling', Apple is to impose its will on early adopters of the iPhone 5.

'We believe talking is out', Steve Jobs stated at the press announcement for the freshly announced iPhone, 'and, really, with the superb cameras now standard with every single iPhone sold, we feel that sign language and lip-reading via video conferencing are due to replace the primitive means of communication in no time at all'.

Jobs went on to demo iLipRead, which, sadly, did not work quite as planned; misinterpreting Jobs' call to 'Johnny Ives', as a request to dial 'MacGyver'.

It's going to be an interesting product launch this time around for Apple."

LMAO!!! Very funny!!! :D

In all seriousness, this is the best iPhone 5 rumor yet, this should hopefully convince folks that it will be a redesign, not a 'minor update'

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
I remember macrumours posting leaked pics (which turned out to be the real deal) of the iPad 2 in the lesser rumours below this forum. Keep checking their folks, you never know when MR are slacking. ;)

eah2119

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
So, are we going to make the same mistake as we did before with the iPhone 4 in the bar again??? Hmmm Apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.