Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A couple of weeks ago, we noted that Apple was apparently set to open over 30 new retail stores over the following two months, pushing the company's total to over 360 by the end of September. While Apple has opened a couple of stores since that time, including a new Glendale, California store just 500 feet from an existing location, things now appear to be getting into full swing with Apple apparently set to open at least five new stores this Saturday.

The total includes two U.S. stores and three international locations covering Australia, Canada, and Italy, and represents the largest batch of store openings since Apple opened seven stores on September 25th of last year.

apple_store_florence.jpg

Apple's I Gigli retail store in Florence, Italy (Source: iPhone Italia)​
- Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall (Anchorage, Alaska): The new store will be Apple's first location in Alaska.

- Fashion Place (Murray, Utah): Apple's second store in Utah, the new store covers the southern suburban stretch of Salt Lake City suburbs to complement the company's existing store at The Gateway in downtown Salt Lake City.

- Southland (Cheltenham, Victoria, Australia): The new store is Apple's third location in the Melbourne area and its twelfth overall for Australia.

- Conestoga: (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada): Apple's 20th retail store in Canada, the new location is also notable for its placement in the hometown of smartphone competitor Research in Motion.

- I Gigli: (Florence, Italy): The new store is Apple's sixth location in Italy and first in the Florence area, filling a gap between the company's store in Rome and a series of stores in northern Italy across the Turin, Milan, and Bergamo.

The new openings come as Apple continues to push forward with construction on a number of other stores, as well as renovations and expansions of some of its existing stores. The company is also notably undertaking an upgrade of the plaza and glass cube at its flagship Fifth Avenue store in Manhattan. Earlier today, we reported that Apple has released details on the cube's revamp, which will see the original design of 90 panes of glass replaced with a new version using only 15 panes of seamless glass.

Article Link: Apple Set to Open Five New Retail Stores on Saturday

mbarriault

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
Conestoga on Saturday? One word:

YESYESYESYESYES

I was tired of having to drive to Mississauga.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Apple is taking over the world.

This is seriously the fastest growing company I've ever seen. That's good though, because I think it's also the best.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
There is a nice typo on the Hours of Operation for the Fashion Place store. Says it will be open from 12A to 6P. I imagine that should be 12P to 6P.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
Apple forced to advertised RDF in Italy

Look at the sign next door...

RDF...Reality Distortion Field

That's a coincidence that I want to be part of!!!

YEEZY

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
They're becoming the new McDonalds. I wouldn't mind if they built another one near me though. Easier access. But I'm guessing that's what they're aiming for.

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
omg when are they going to open one store in Greece?We don't even have one.Only when im travelling to my country (france) they have some stores

emvath

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2009
Yes, thank you for a second location in Utah. The Gateway store is ridiculously crowded.

END3R

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
It'll be nice to have another Apple Store in Salt Lake. Hopefully it will make the Gateway store a little less crowded...

Won't be such a long haul for us Utah County folk. Ok, maybe 15 minutes shorter.

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
My friend sent me a pic of the one in Conestoga in July. She was pretty excited. Nice to see more Apple Stores coming to Canada. I'm luckily only an hour or two away from the one in Ottawa, but it'd be nice to see more, especially in Northern Ontario and other provinces.

At least there is the online store for those who live to far from an Apple store :)

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
It'll be nice to have another Apple Store in Salt Lake. Hopefully it will make the Gateway store a little less crowded...

Doubtful, we have three stores on a five mile strech of road and they are all crowded. =/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.