Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I'm all for new stores, but next to each other? that's just weird. Wouldn't if they opened another store a couple of city's away still lower traffic at the other, yet make it more accessible to others?

I love apple and all, but it sounds like starbucks or something when its opening stores that close to each other. Then again, they probably know what they are doing a lot better.

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
I'm all for new stores, but next to each other? that's just weird. Wouldn't if they opened another store a couple of city's away still lower traffic at the other, yet make it more accessible to others?

I love apple and all, but it sounds like starbucks or something when its opening stores that close to each other. Then again, they probably know what they are doing a lot better.
Santander have 2 banks opposite each other here in London, I think this is what we need Apple shops to have. :D

Seriously I can't speak for others but here in London I like how spaced out the Apple stores are, we could do with more as long as they don't make another really near to one that already exists.

IeU

macrumors member
May 1, 2011
Why not open one in Denmark? The closest Apple Store is in Hamburg, Germany and that is pretty far away... :(

Far?

The closest for me is Hamburg, Germany as well - 1000km/600 miles away. :(
So Apple, how about a store in Norway?

And they are going to open a second one in Hamburg (Jungfernstieg). Wondering how long is going to take till it really opens . . .

Eipifi

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
-.-

Great. Cool. Why still no Apple Store in Poland?

Apple - "You forgot Poland"...

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Apple. What about Ireland!? LIKE THE REPUBLIC! No recession on Grafton Street, even team up with Brown Thomas, Buy one MacBook Air and get a Louis Vuttion laptop case free.

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
i think they are just opening stores in places that they already have stores and they just forget the other countries that they don't even have one :(

beeblebrox00

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2011
anyone else try to avoid apple stores? the one in cincinnati is always insanely packed and it takes forever to actually get helped. kind of a clusterf***

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
In Sommerset, they took over the Sony Style store while their new expanded store is being created.

Did Sony close all their stores? Not that I ever bought any, but if Sony is closing their stores, what could that mean for the Microsoft Stores...

WoFat

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
What-A-Bunch-A-Goobs

Idiots still post the WWW to the front of apple.com.

If it's so essential, why'd they leave of the http:// ?

The Jerk Weeds.

Cinerama

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
My nearest  Store just got 2500 miles closer!!. Have been looking forward to them opening in Anchorage. ;)

markredf150

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
good sense

This makes sense for Apple and for the economy, because sure these stores are going to bring in revenue (for Apple and local taxes) but also they create jobs :D

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
I might have to road trip this this weekend to Anchorage from Fairbanks, hmm, its only oh I dunno 350 or so miles. :D

I figured it was gonna open MUCH later, now I am a bit suprised! I was hoping to make it down there but this is way too last minute for me. :/

Good thing Im going down there for the Alaska State Fair late in August and get to visit 4th Ave, awesome mall.

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2011
Doubtful, we have three stores on a five mile strech of road and they are all crowded. =/

I think it will help in the SLC market. The fashion Place store will pull a lot away from the big resellers that have been serving the southern Wasatch Front but it will also pull a lot of traffic away from the Gateway store.

It has been a couple of years since I have seen it but at the time the Gateway store was one of Apple's top 5 revenue per square foot locations. It was a function of the size of the store and being the only one serving the SLC and surrounding markets.

It will still be a crowded store though. I think the best case would be to close up the Gateway Store when the City Creek Center opens and secure one of their prime (larger) locations. But I'm not sure if there will be Sunday hours issues if Apple looked into that.

bettaboy123

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
I hope they add an Apple Store somewhere up here in northern Michigan. The
Grand Traverse Mall would be perfect for one. I have to go three hours for the nearest Apple Store but they have one across the street from another?! That's not cool. :/

invalidname

macrumors member
May 1, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
I hope they add an Apple Store somewhere up here in northern Michigan. The Grand Traverse Mall would be perfect for one. I have to go three hours for the nearest Apple Store but they have one across the street from another?! That's not cool. :/

Grand Traverse Mall has CityMac, one of the best indie Apple stores I've ever seen. Most little towns the size of TC would be lucky to have a store like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.