Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dnelms

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
McGee's Crossroads, NC
Using Windows 7, so can't use a Mac Program. )Would love a Mac emulator so I could have a dual boot setup :) )

I know that Meta X works great for movies and can be used for TV series, just not as well as some other Mac based programs I have read about. Does anyone know of a good Windows program that would allow me to do the same thing, just geared toward TV series?

Here is my setup.
Bedroom - Roku (orginal) running Plex
Living Room - Apple TV 2 and a Roku 2
Den - Roku XDS (running Plex)

I 'm trying to get everything that I can see on the Roku (local content), on the ATV2 and have the metadata the same.

Plex does a great job of scanning my folders for the TV shows and attaching series and episodes metadata. However, that same info can't transfer to the ATV since the metadata in Plex is wriiten to a file, not the MP4 file.
I know I can do this all my hand within iTunes, and I'll do what I can with MetaX if I can't find anything else, the fill in the blanks by hand.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Sorry, but not trying to be rude or anything, but wouldn't you have better luck on a PC based forum instead of a Mac based one?

dnelms

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
McGee's Crossroads, NC
Well given that I came here because I bought a Apple TV 2 a couple of weeks ago AND someone on here suggested MetaX because I had a Windows setup, I figured this was a good place to ask again.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I never had any real luck using W7 software to get the tagging process done...I remember there was a program similar to MetaX called MetaZ I *think*.

However, I figured a way to run Snow Leopard in a VM on Windows so I could use iFlicks. It is, by far, the best tagging software I have tried.

dnelms

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
McGee's Crossroads, NC
I use MetaX for TV shows on the PC.
Why doesn't it work for you?

I will work to a certain degree. I have found that it does not get all the needed info about episodes. I'm at work and not able to see exactly which fields I've had trouble getting info for. I am correct in that you can not added user agents such as tvdb to scrape info, correct?

I'm was just looking for something that would keep me from having to add more info once moved to iTunes so it will show all needed info on the ATV2.

ZBB

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
Try Identify2

I used metax for quite a while,but Identify 2 far surpasses it. It does great for both movies and tv shows... One trick with tv shows with it is that you need to ID the season and episode numbers and it will pull all the info in...

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Try Identify2

I used metax for quite a while,but Identify 2 far surpasses it. It does great for both movies and tv shows... One trick with tv shows with it is that you need to ID the season and episode numbers and it will pull all the info in...

iDentify2 is only for OS X and as the OP states, he's using Windows 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.