Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Back in February 2010, it was revealed that former Time managing editor Walter Isaacson was working on the first authorized biography of Apple CEO Steve Jobs, a book that earlier this year was announced as set to be released in early 2012 under the title "iSteve: The Book of Jobs". But the planned title proved unpopular with a number of people, and last month it was noted that Isaacson had received approval to change the title to a simpler "Steve Jobs", with publication set for March 6, 2012.

steve_jobs_book_cover.jpg

It now appears, however, that publication may have been moved up a bit, as the book's page at Barnes & Noble has been updated with a release date of November 21, 2011. An image of the book's cover has also been added to the page. The photo of Jobs used for the cover is a black-and-white version of of the image found on Jobs' page in Apple's recently-revamped company leadership pages.
Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two years as well as interviews with more than a hundred family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues this book chronicles the rollercoaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing.
According the book's overview as submitted by the publisher, Jobs has cooperated with the book and has not asked for any control over the final product. He has reportedly left no topic off-limits for the book and has not even requested the right to read it before publication, suggesting that the book will yield the most open look at Jobs' personal and professional life yet published.

Amazon is also offering pre-orders for the book and showing the cover, although the book's page there continues to show the previous March 6, 2012 release date.

Article Link: Release of Authorized Steve Jobs Biography Bumped Up to November 21st

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
I rarely read books for pleasure, but I will be buying this on Day 1. As sad as it is, it makes me wonder if Jobs finally approved of a biography because he knew his final days were on the horizon.

Should be an excellent read.

I would hope that it becomes available in the iBook Store.

Edit: looks like it is available for preorder on iBooks!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/steve-jobs/id431617578?mt=11

Last edited:

Welovelegend

macrumors member
May 4, 2010
Gee, when I first saw the BW SJ photo loading, I thought he has past away.... my bad... oh, Good, hope he is doing well.... :)

McG2k1

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
I reloaded the page and saw that giant picture and without reading the headline I said Oh ****, did he die?? lol.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I'd like to read the book, but fear such things are going to be heavily biased in favour of the person in question.

Let's be honest for a moment shall we. Any book that's is approved by the person in question is going to be biased to a certain degree.

I'd only wish to read something that is really honest, good and bad things.
And whoever the book is about would never agree to the bad things being published.

EvilEvil

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
New York City
I think the title "iSteve: The Book of Jobs" is a great title. I guess they didn't want to piss people off

Last edited by a moderator:

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I rarely read books for pleasure, but I will be buying this on Day 1. As sad as it is, it makes me wonder if Jobs finally approved of a biography because he knew his final days were on the horizon.

Should be an excellent read.

I would hope that it becomes available in the iBook Store.

It's on there for pre-order last I checked.

EDIT: Yup, still there.

Will it be on Kindle?

Doesn't anyone use search anymore? It's on the kindle store for pre-order at $14.99.

Last edited:

Rustus Maximus

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2003
I think the title "iSteve: The Book of Jobs" is a great title. I guess they didn't want to piss off people.

Then again, maybe they didn't want to anger all the sensible atheists and agnostics by implying that Steve Jobs considers himself some sort of modern day Olympus-like iGod.

King Flamez1

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I think the title "iSteve: The Book of Jobs" is a great title. I guess they didn't want to piss off people.

Actually, i prefer Steve Jobs as a better title. It helps to convey the message of the perfection that he'd always chased with his products, being unparalleled in consistency and quality. Sounds profesh

iSteve: The Book of Jobs kind of gives off a very weird mood when talking about Steve Jobs's life

Wildog27

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
Generations from now, the followers of iSteve will use this book as their Bible. #onlyslightlykidding

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
Wow.... Hard to believe that Steve did not want more control over this biography. I guess he is only a control freak when it comes to things that he/Apple imagines and creates. I sure hope this does not mean "the end is near" as some have suggessted. Like him or not, the guy has done a ton for the computer industry among others - he is brilliant. There are few I put in the same class with Jobs -- Gates being one of them. These guys were to the computer industry what the Lakers and Celtics were to the NBA in the eighties.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.