Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Slowly and surely, more iPhone 5 parts seem to be leaking into the wild. MacPost has spotted two new claimed iPhone 5 parts from different online suppliers. The new parts include a camera lens replacement for the iPhone 5, as well as replacement headphone jacks for the iPhone 5.

The headphone jacks come in two colors: white and black, suggesting that Apple will be offering the iPhone 5 in at least the same two colors as they offer the iPhone 4.

headphone.jpg

Apple has always produced black and white headphone jacks to maintain the consistency of appearance of their iPhones even on the small amount of the interior of the jack visible. For some reason, these parts (along with the sensor flex cable) seem to be amongst the first to leak. Similar parts leaked in the weeks leading up to the iPhone 4 launch back in 2010:

100329-4gen_iphone_headphone_jacks_500.jpg

iPhone 4 headphone jacks leak​
The camera lens replacement for the iPhone 5 sounded like it could be more interesting, but no details are offered for the part.

Apple had previously rumored to be launching the iPhone 5 in white as well. The iPhone 4 was originally announced to come in both black and white, but production issues delayed the white iPhone 4 until the following April. The iPhone 5 is widely expected to launch in October.

Article Link: White and Black iPhone 5 Parts Leak

Last edited by a moderator:

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
I love it when we get leaks of innards that look completely unrecognisable to me, and instead of excited, just leave me feeling a bit confused.

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
I think these parts may leak first cause they're tiny, you could snatch one on the production line, easily chuck them out a window and just get them later.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they have ridiculous security on the front doors at these factors, especially since they don't even like employees leaving in the first place and would rather you just live in the factory.

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
hmm. im not looking forward to the iPhone 5

Any particular reason? Do these headphone jack sockets not match Apple's usual high standards of design? Would you be afraid to be seen with a phone with that kind of sensor cable in your pocket down the street? :D

Cjm1

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
beacause i bought a pair of Bang & olufsen headphones for my iPhone 4 and i had to buy another pair of the more up to date ones in which they realeased cause the headphone jacks in the iPhone 4 had been changed

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
beacause i bought a pair of Bang & olufsen headphones for my iPhone 4 and i had to buy another pair of the more up to date ones in which they realeased cause the headphone jacks in the iPhone 4 had been changed

Huh? Can you clarify? You bought a pair of headphones for a phone you owned, then had to buy another pair because they didn't fit? Or you bought a pair of headphones for a phone you didn't yet own, and you had to buy another pair after you bought the phone?

Cjm1

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Huh? Can you clarify? You bought a pair of headphones for a phone you owned, then had to buy another pair because they didn't fit? Or you bought a pair of headphones for a phone you didn't yet own, and you had to buy another pair after you bought the phone?

B&O had had many complaints by the fact that their headphones didn't work properly with the iPhone 4 so they had to realeas an updated version. so they changed the jack slightly to accommodate the iPhone 4. i had an iPhone 4 at the time and i got the headphones as a gift for christmas and then i found they didn't work

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009

*headsplosion*

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
B&O had had many complaints by the fact that their headphones didn't work properly with the iPhone 4 so they had to realeas an updated version. so they changed the jack slightly to accommodate the iPhone 4. i had an iPhone 4 at the time and i got the headphones as a gift for christmas and then i found they didn't work

OK. By "changed the jack slightly", I assume you meant "changed the plug slightly"?

Not trying to be a jerk, but unless I'm missing something this sounds like a B&O issue, not an Apple issue. I have an iPhone 4, and I must say that I have never seen a more standardized 3.5 mm headphone jack.

mlmwalt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa, USA
Now that I've seen these parts, I must get the iPhone5. :rolleyes: I'll be amongst the first to pre-order.

Actually, I probably will be amongst the first to pre-order regardless... :eek:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Don't tease mac rumors, I don't care about the headphone jack but am very interested in the camera so show us a pic?

it's not very interesting

Attachments

• IPHONE5-901-1.jpg
    IPHONE5-901-1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 223

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Wake me up when a part w/ an embedded LTE chip is spotted. That's excitement-worthy news.

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
Oh god hurry up with this thing! I've never been so impatient about something that doesn't matter before! You're killing me Steve

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

My B&O headphones work fine. Were there issues with a particular model?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.