Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Not sure if this is a bug -- thought I'd run it by the board to see if I'm missing it. I accidentally created a local (On My iPhone) Reminders list when I actually wanted it on the iCloud. If you touch Edit, it will let you delete iCloud Lists, but I can't see any way to delete a local Reminders List!

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug?

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Not sure if this is a bug -- thought I'd run it by the board to see if I'm missing it. I accidentally created a local (On My iPhone) Reminders list when I actually wanted it on the iCloud. If you touch Edit, it will let you delete iCloud Lists, but I can't see any way to delete a local Reminders List!

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug?

Go into the Reminders app and select each reminder and click "delete" at the bottom. As far as I can tell you must do them one by one.

Have you been able to get location based reminders to work? They haven't worked for me since beta 2

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Go into the Reminders app and select each reminder and click "delete" at the bottom. As far as I can tell you must do them one by one.

Have you been able to get location based reminders to work? They haven't worked for me since beta 2

Thanks for the reply! In this case, however, I am referring to deleting the actual list itself, not the individual reminders. I have a whole blank list I accidentally created. It has no reminders in it, its just a list. But I can't delete it! Its annoying because I have to scroll past it when using my real lists.

(Regarding location-based, I only tried it once and it worked on beta 3 I believe. I'll test again.)

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Thanks for the reply! In this case, however, I am referring to deleting the actual list itself, not the individual reminders. I have a whole blank list I accidentally created. It has no reminders in it, its just a list. But I can't delete it! Its annoying because I have to scroll past it when using my real lists.

(Regarding location-based, I only tried it once and it worked on beta 3 I believe. I'll test again.)

I am not sure that I understand you correctly, but having that blank list is a feature of the app. What I mean is I have always had my reminders synced to iCloud, and when I open the app I have a "reminders" list and a swipe to the right I get a "completed" list. Is this what you mean?

EDIT: I think I figured out what you mean. I did not know that you could create separate lists of your own in which to organize reminders.

Click the box in the upper left hand area of the app (it is a box with 3 lines on top of each other), then select "edit" and then delete the list you want to delete :)

Last edited:

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
EDIT # 2: Dammit! I just assumed that my above directions would work, so being the good little helper I am I created a "test" list and now I CAN DELETE IT EITHER!!

Crap, sorry! At least we know its a bug... I will report this to Apple. You should too!

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Location-based reminders are working great. I wish they'd add the ability to choose a location that's not in your contact list. Sometimes I want to be reminded when I leave/arrive somewhere but I just want to find a business on a map. Maybe they've added it but I can't seem to find that feature.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Crap, sorry! At least we know its a bug... I will report this to Apple. You should too!

I edited my edit. I had actually edited my post 3 times, but I thought that my first explanation would work. Here is what else I typed:

Try this: Go to Settings>iCloud and toggle Reminders "off". You will receive a prompt - select "delete from my phone". Then re-toggle Reminders back on.

I now am able to try to delete my test list, either by swiping across it in the other view, or pressing "edit" and selecting the "minus" symbol, but it does nothing. So maybe it is a bug? :)

Quick question - a friend of mine added my UDID so that I could run the beta (he's legit). Does that mean that I can sign up for the developers forum using my Apple ID associated with my iPhone running beta 5?

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Quick question - a friend of mine added my UDID so that I could run the beta (he's legit). Does that mean that I can sign up for the developers forum using my Apple ID associated with my iPhone running beta 5?

I don't think so. Even though your device is registered you're not part of the development team unless he actually made you part of their portal.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
I don't think so. Even though your device is registered you're not part of the development team unless he actually made you part of their portal.

See I thought that too, but I clicked on a link to read a developer post one day and duh, I was met with a username/password login. For the heck of it I used my apple ID and password, clicked submit, and it began to ask me questions like what platforms I develop for, and other info, that seemed as though I'd get access.

I'm sure that your reply will be "well then try to sign up dummy!". I would, but Apple has been so crazy with the cracking down on UDID slot sellers I do not want anything to happen to my ID or my friends, for whatever inane reason, you know?

jfinli

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I'd love to figure out how to delete more than one completed reminder at a time. Right now you need to delete each one at a time.

aadams1278

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
I'd love to figure out how to delete more than one completed reminder at a time. Right now you need to delete each one at a time.

Final Release is out now, and I'm still wondering this. It's super annoying. I want an option for auto delete after a certain period of time. Who needs to continue to see their tasks AFTER they've completed them?

Also, it's very odd that there's NO settings or options anywhere available for reminders.

Violetsteel

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Solved!

Despite this being an old thread it the one that came up first when I was searching for a solution to the same problem. I've found the only way to delete a local reminder list is to go to Setting > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Select the account the list is associated with, and turn of Reminders for that account, select Delete from my iPhone. Done! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.