Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OXO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Hi All,

I have 2 x IIyama B2409HDS DVI monitors on my windows pc.

I want to switch to mac. Which ones will support these monitors?

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
You can connect any monitor to any mac with the correct adaptors.
Macs that have multi monitor support (assuming you aren't using Apple's Thunderbolt Displays) include:
  • 27" iMac
  • Mac Pro
  • Mac Mini

OXO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
You can connect any monitor to any mac with the correct adaptors.
Macs that have multi monitor support (assuming you aren't using Apple's Thunderbolt Displays) include:
  • 27" iMac
  • Mac Pro
  • Mac Mini

Thanks. When I look at the rear of the new mac mini I see just a single HDMI port. Where would I connect 2 DVI monitors? What is the adapter? Just a cable?

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
You can also have dual monitors on any computer (I can on my 2010 MBP). I just have usb to vga as one, and the my mdp to dvi on the other. Still works perfectly!

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
You can also have dual monitors on any computer (I can on my 2010 MBP). I just have usb to vga as one, and the my mdp to dvi on the other. Still works perfectly!

From what I've seen, those external USB graphics solutions are far from perfect, due to the bandwidth limitations of USB 2.0

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
From what I've seen, those external USB graphics solutions are far from perfect, due to the bandwidth limitations of USB 2.0

Not only due to bandwidth limitations, but also CPU drain.

Might work well enough for word processing or other relatively light or static usage though.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
There is a bug in Lion dealing with dual monitors. Any non-Apple VNC program will not work properly when logging in to use a Mac running dual monitors. The cursor isn't where it appears to be so you can't click on anything. The workaround is for me to switch off my external monitor when I'm away from my Macbook so I can control my Macbook from my iPad. I'm sure Apple will get around to fixing this but 10.7.1 came and went without this getting fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.