Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zkyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
iPhone 4, out of warranty coverage, won't power on.

1. It has about 60% battery before it dead, but suddenly it became black screen and not responsive (like powered off).

2. Whatever I did, like "holding the power button and home button together for 10-25 sec and then pressing the power button again" etc. it just won't power on, no Apple logo!

3. But I can seen the "emergancy call" screen when I plugged it with my laptop and it just told me "No Service" at the upper left corner (status bar of iPhone 4).

4. iTunes can see it, but only when it was in Recovery mode or DFU mode.

5. I also tried to restore it to factory settings in iTunes, but it always gives me an error with various error codes, like 2001, 2006, etc. I also tried restore it under Windows or Mac, but was out of luck too!

6. Finally I bought a iPhone 4 battery replacement and replaced the old one with the new one, but nothing changed as if it wasn't replaced its original battery.

7. It keeps rebooting at every 10 min or so when It was plugged into my laptop without any operations (pressing any buttons).

8. It can be "powered on" only when it was plugged into a computer. It will IMMEDIATELY be in "dead mode" as long as I disconnect it from the computer (like taking out a battery from an iPhone that is powered on)!

9. Everything worked fine before it dead, I don't know what happened to it! I am so frustrated!

Please help! Thank you so much!

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
You tried all that, yet you are seemingly incapable of making the decision to take the phone to an Apple store to either get repaired or replaced? FFS.. :rolleyes:

Why do you continue to post here and spread negativity for no reason? Also, why is it that yours are they only posts that aren't rated down, no matter how poor they are?

twitt3r

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2009
Why do you continue to post here and spread negativity for no reason? Also, why is it that yours are they only posts that aren't rated down, no matter how poor they are?
My posts tell things how they are, not what I think everybody else wants to hear. I guess people appreciate the honesty :rolleyes:

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
My posts tell things how they are, not what I think everybody else wants to hear. I guess people appreciate the honesty :rolleyes:

No it's not honesty. You seem to take pleasure in spreading negativity and annoying people. Someone came here needing advice, perhaps they didn't know about warranty, believe it or not some people don't know how Apple warranty works. Plus the OP may not be near an Apple Store.

twitt3r

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2009
No it's not honesty. You seem to take pleasure in spreading negativity and annoying people. Someone came here needing advice, perhaps they didn't know about warranty, believe it or not some people don't know how Apple warranty works. Plus the OP may not be near an Apple Store.
Yes, I take great pleasure in making people see the real view of themselves.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Yes, I take great pleasure in making people see the real view of themselves.

People don't need your help seeing "the real view of themselves". Your not that great. I see you've been given a time-out, and to be honest I haven't seen a more well deserved one in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.