Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Sprint has the best unlimited plan too... I wouldn't mind switching to them for that.

Oh that's true! I hope the iPhone is also released for T-mobile (who cares if they merge as long as they get it before that). Then we might see some carrier wars. Return of unlimited plans or at least lower prices. Competition is good for the consumer :cool:

MacNewsFix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
Twin Cities
Sprint, I have one thing to say to you.

funny_dance-928.gif

Finally. *sigh*

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
Sprint has the best unlimited plan too... I wouldn't mind switching to them for that.

Fixed that for you ;)
you are both wrong. Yes it is unlimited if you don't call land lines... 450 minutes a month of land line calling? I would be over my limit in 3 days - my clients are hospitals and the like - they don't call from cell phones. Plan fail.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
If they get the iPhone I would expect that to change.

If sprint is still offering their unlimited plan w/tethering I will be switching. Unfortunately, I would put money on Sprint moving to tiered data like the rest. :(

I highly doubt it.

Sprint's already lost millions of customers to AT&T and Verizon because of the iPhone and coverage, there'd be nothing giving Sprint the advantage if they were to jack their prices up like VZW and ATT have done.

If I see my 3 member family plan go from $250 a month to $375 (compared to ATT) then there wouldn't be much reason to stick around with Sprint.

It'd be the worst business move since Palm spent a smooth million developing the Foleo.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Sprint has always had the cheapest plans and decent coverage, but their HUGE weakness was that they always had the crappiest phones. This will change that. :D

- Sprint customer

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!

you know there is a unlocked GSM iPhone now available only problem is that is expensive $749 wait till the cheaper iPhone at $299/$249

There won't be a "GSM iPhone" if the iPhone 5 is a dual-mode phone. Also you can't jump from GSM to Verizon iPhone. It's GSM to CDMA.

yup, i know GSM and CDMA are different. Currently GSM iPhone 4 has a better resale value than CDMA iPhone (assuming we want to sell it once iPhone 5 is released)

androidfan

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2011
This just sounds like Apple is trying to get more iPhones out there to try and compete more with Android.

grmatt

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
What's the likelihood of Apple debuting the iPhone 5 as 4G on all carriers? Not very. What's the likelihood of the iPhone 5 being 4G on ATT/Verizon, and not on Sprint? Not very. This makes me think that the iPhone 5 will likely stay as a 3G device... bummer. I was holding out a little hope.

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
Can't wait to hear what those Sprint sales people say about the iPhone now. Went in there a few times with my girlfriend and those slimeballs tried to tell me that multiple smart phones from Sprint were better. Their lack of intelligence is why they work there, but still. They are total idiots. I'd never switch to Sprint for anything. This is a last ditch effort for them, they lose money each quarter.
You mean they were doing what salespeople do? Selling their product as the better option? The humanity! Idiot.

Anyways, this is GREAT news! I came from Sprint last year and plan to immediately go back if this turns out to be true. Living in the KC area, its a positive to have a great national carrier local.:D

JerzeyLegend

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
Sprint has always had the cheapest plans and decent coverage, but their HUGE weakness was that they always had the crappiest phones. This will change that. :D

- Sprint customer

HTC EVO 4G
HTC EVO Shift
HTC EVO 3D
Motorola Photon
Google Nexus S
Samsung Conquer 4G
Samsung Epic 4G
Kyrocera Echo

LOL none of those phones are crappy. lol.

I have Sprint, can't wait. Hoping to get grandfathered in before unlimited data takes a leap. Which i don't think Sprint will do, which will pull customers away from Verizon, AT&T, because the iPhone, iPads on Sprint will be unlimited. However, don't let Sprint fool you, they will nickel and dime your ass to death. Especially on 4G phones.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
HTC EVO 4G
HTC EVO Shift
HTC EVO 3D
Motorola Photon
Google Nexus S
Samsung Conquer 4G
Samsung Epic 4G
Kyrocera Echo

I have Sprint, can't wait. Hoping to get grandfathered in before unlimited data takes a leap. Which i don't think Sprint will do, which will pull customers away from Verizon, AT&T, because the iPhone, iPads on Sprint will be unlimited. However, don't let Sprint fool you, they will nickel and dime your ass to death. Especially on 4G phones.

Agreed! I can see Sprint raising their prices maybe, or raising their "smartphone service fee" but never removing the unlimited data in their plans.

If it supports 4g/wimax on Sprint. I am in.

Right! It seems that Sprint is the only one really pushing 4G tech as of now. We all know that they are playing catch up with the customer numbers, but they are so far the only carrier I see actually moving in ways that informed customers appreciate.

thetexan

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
Can't wait to hear what those Sprint sales people say about the iPhone now. Went in there a few times with my girlfriend and those slimeballs tried to tell me that multiple smart phones from Sprint were better. Their lack of intelligence is why they work there, but still. They are total idiots. I'd never switch to Sprint for anything. This is a last ditch effort for them, they lose money each quarter.

I walked into a Kia dealership and can you believe those slimeballs tried to convince me a Kia was better than other car brands on the market? The Kia salespeople are idiots not realizing that a Kia is a turd compared to say the BMW.

Number 41

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Sprint used to just give insane plans away. Before I dropped them to get the iPhone 3 years ago, I was on a plan that had unlimited internet, unlimited texting, 1000 voice minutes, unlimited nights/weekends (nights starting at 6pm) for $35 a month.

As much as I love the iPhone, I still miss not paying $80 a month for phone service.

GQB

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
HTC can now say goodbye to the only advantage they had over iPhone... being the only semi-ok smartphone available on Spring.

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I forsee new iPhone for Verizon and AT&T the 3rd week of September with release on Sprint a few weeks later, giving the old boys a chance to keep the customers (i.e. Those who must have it on day 1)

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
HTC EVO 4G
HTC EVO Shift -
HTC EVO 3D
Motorola Photon
Google Nexus S
Samsung Conquer 4G
Samsung Epic 4G
Kyrocera Echo

They are IMO. They're all iPhone copies, junk IOW. The only 2 phones that revolutionized the cell phone market were:

Motorola RAZR (2003) and Apple iPhone. You know, phones that were actually household names. Fashion statements. Sprint was always behind on the times and did not get these phones for yeeeaarrrs.

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
I already got the photon 4g,but if the iPhone 5 is omg amazing I might craigslist it and buy one full price.

j-traxx

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2005
California
Agreed! I can see Sprint raising their prices maybe, or raising their "smartphone service fee" but never removing the unlimited data in their plans.

Right! It seems that Sprint is the only one really pushing 4G tech as of now. We all know that they are playing catch up with the customer numbers, but they are so far the only carrier I see actually moving in ways that informed customers appreciate.

it doesn't seem to me that wimax is even a cellular technology tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.