Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I just downloaded GTA III through the App Store. Love the game but unfortunately, there is a high pitched hissing through the left channel whenever driving or walking around. It doesn't do it through the cutscenes or at the menu.

I tried my speakers, my headphones, and unplugging and replugging in the speaker set, but it's still there. Anyone else have this problem?

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Israel
I also have this problem. It's very annoying and I hope they'll fix it soon.
I haven't found a solution for it yet.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
I wonder if there is a version difference between the App store version and the retail box version. When playing GTA III on my rig, there was no hissing at all.

:confused:

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I'm at least glad I'm not the only one so it must be with the game itself. I've resigned myself to playing with my headphones and leaving the left side off my ear.

I also put in a ticket with Rockstar but haven't heard back yet.

lowercasej

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I have this problem too, and I've also notified Rockstar. I tried running the game as a Guest user...didn't help. I've experienced this issue on both a Mac Pro running 10.6.8, and an iMac running 10.7.1, so it doesn't appear to be related to the OS or hardware.

Hopefully we'll see a fix soon...

skysmx

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Switzerland
I have the same issue with GTA Vice City. In this case the noise isn't high pitched, but low pitched. I can hear that in my left ear.

Uncomfortable :(

stevensr123

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Funny enough i just got san andreas for mac ;D, awesome series of games and been years since i last played san Andreas.

Does anyone know a quick way to set up the controls of my playstation controller so it is like the controls of the playstation version of the game????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.