Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neut

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Online Apple store is down ... it's 12:50pm MST.

Is anything expected to be released today?

peace | neut

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
neut said:
:D

i waited a bit to see if this was being posted elsewhere ... wasn't sure how widespread it was. guess worldwide sites are down. :)

now i have to stay up ... what could it be?

peace | neut

I also have to stay up... though it's 8am, which kinda helps... on the other hand, I've not slept yet...

What indeed could it be? :confused:

If it's a Power Mac update, I'll admit I've slipped into the Twilight Zone where everything I want to happen magically happens....!

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Not wishing to be depressing but it probably is regular maintenance. Not too many people online at 8am Sunday morning (in the UK). And who releases new products on a Sunday? :p

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
neut said:
possibly the eMac update or the memory boost to the power macs.

unsure though ... :confused:

peace | neut

Oh yeah the new eMacs/iMacs - I've never known them do something on a sunday morning though....A VERY odd time to be doing stuff!!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Received this message trying to visit the US Apple Store.

Code:
Your browser sent a message this server could not understand.

neut

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Nickygoat said:
Not wishing to be depressing but it probably is regular maintenance. Not too many people online at 8am Sunday morning (in the UK). And who releases new products on a Sunday? :p

possible ... not as exciting as a product release though. :p

i should be in bed; need to get up early ... can't sleep now. :rolleyes:

peace | neut

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Nickygoat said:
And why indeed are we awake at this hour?! Can't sleep either now... :(

neut

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
mad jew said:
My girlfriend claims I actually squealed when I read this! :eek:
BTW The Australian store's down too. :)

woo-hoo!

would they really pull down every store to do maintenance?

peace | neut

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
It says it will be back within the hour and I don't think Apple would release something on Sunday night (west coast time). So I think this is just maintenance. I wouldn't get too excited.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
This is looking good :D

Hope that there will be some nice updates :rolleyes:

new iMac's, PowerMac's or even Tiger :eek:

I hope that it is one of those and not just the 512MB RAM accross the board. But if the PM's or the iMac's will be updated they have to get 512MB RAM as standard ;)

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Shall we play "Who can guess the update"?

I guess new iMacs/eMacs and Power Macs all with 512MB RAM, and Tiger in less than a month...? :rolleyes:

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
hob said:
Shall we play "Who can guess the update"?

I guess new iMacs/eMacs and Power Macs all with 512MB RAM, and Tiger in less than a month...? :rolleyes:

I predict just what you said now :p

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think that its any kind of updates. Usually when apple releases a new product and updates the site, the site isn't down during the keynote :p They don't actually have to close down the site while their doing it. All of the new pages just replace the old ones.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I doubt it's just maintenance if all the worldwide sites are down. I'm going to predict pre-orders for Tiger, with a slight chance of eMac and iMac updates.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
killuminati said:
I don't think that its any kind of updates. Usually when apple releases a new product and updates the site, the site isn't down during the keynote :p They don't actually have to close down the site while their doing it. All of the new pages just replace the old ones.

Well all the updates that I know of has come after the apple store has been down.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Has anyone ever tried to call one of the numbers on the page that comes up when the store's down? Maybe the telesales team can tell us what's happening? I'm not near a phone, otherwise I'd try.

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
killuminati said:

Not true, I can remember seeing this temp page several times before major changes

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
It is only down for maintenance - Apple usually do over the weekend at the night US time, I expect that it is preparation for Tiger that is due to be announced at the beginning of April - well if thinksecret is right anyway.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
James Craner said:
It is only down for maintenance - Apple usually do over the weekend at the night US time, I expect that it is preparation for Tiger that is due to be announced at the beginning of April - well if thinksecret is right anyway.

I really hope you're wrong but I've got this sinking feeling that you're not. :(

Unless Steve is surprising us with 3GHz machines so that we're all more forgiving in June. :rolleyes:

le_coc

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2004
Netherlands
James Craner said:

you know for sure? cause my feeling agrees with you, but I hope not....
I hope updated products.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.