Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
Hi all ,I've just been givien a iphone 3gs from my friend whos gave up trying to fix it.The problem is the screen is just white.I can't put it into DFU mode.

I gave it a good charge last night and after a hour i heard the iphone switch on and the syncing sound but the screen was still white.

Its out of warranty and i decided to open it up.Upon opening it i've notice that the ribbon number 3 connection clip has broken so its not sitting inside properly.

Could this be causing the white screen??? I think he's tried to replace the lcd as the label on ribbon 2 is different

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
no the #3 is the proximity sensor. sounds as if your lcd is bad and needs to be replaced to fix the white screen issue. there is a guy in california that can fix the #3 connector but I cant remember his name at the moment. he is on this forum so im sure he will find you.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Hi all ,I've just been givien a iphone 3gs from my friend whos gave up trying to fix it.The problem is the screen is just white.I can't put it into DFU mode.

I gave it a good charge last night and after a hour i heard the iphone switch on and the syncing sound but the screen was still white.

Its out of warranty and i decided to open it up.Upon opening it i've notice that the ribbon number 3 connection clip has broken so its not sitting inside properly.

Could this be causing the white screen??? I think he's tried to replace the lcd as the label on ribbon 2 is different

#3 is the proximity sensor but it sounds like your LCD is bad too so you might as well just go ahead and replace the whole assembly.

no the #3 is the proximity sensor. sounds as if your lcd is bad and needs to be replaced to fix the white screen issue. there is a guy in california that can fix the #3 connector but I cant remember his name at the moment. he is on this forum so im sure he will find you.

I hope he knows solicitation is against forum policy.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
you know awadeee its guys like you that is the reason I have not been on this forum for several months. you are wrong he does not need to replace the entire assembly and as far as the solicitation get real will you!! I only mentioned that it could be fixed by a member of this forum that is all. we all know the rules.

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
Thanks for the advice sadly i'm from the Uk. I'll see if i can find somebody that can do it in the uk & also get a new lcd
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.