Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Papanate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
North Carolina
Four days till the end of August - no new Lion Drivers for the Apogee Duet.

Apogee has been very customer services oriented for me - great communication and delivery. However on this issue they are being
too quiet and not communicating anything other than...'Drivers in August'.

What are you folks thinking?

HoldernessMedia

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
I'm surprised as well, I figured this would have been resolved by now.
Really glad the workarounds have kept me up and running at least.

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm glad I haven't used my Lion installer yet (I might even not doing it on my current MBP?)

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"Four days till the end of August - no new Lion Drivers for the Apogee Duet."

In some ways, this is ironic -- and bordering on comical.

I always perceived the Apogee products to be "the premier audio interface" for Mac end-users, the ultimate "plug and play" sound recording device.

And Apple introduces a new System upgrade, and.... well, you know the rest.

On the other hand, I've shied away from Apogee and from the "Logic Pro/Logic Express" crowd. I use Steinberg's Cubase and an Echo Audio "Audiofire8" -- probably run-of-the-mill and stolid vis-a-via the slick Apogee stuff.

But, guess what? When I upgraded to Lion, I "migrated over" my existing installation of Cubase from Snow Leopard, turned on the AudioFire, and everything worked right from the get-go. Not a glitch or bleep.

Amazin'!

Sorcerio

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
I have been checking daily too! What is funny is even the font on the page looks depressed LOLOL

I've been checking Apogee every day too. Also been checking for posts like this every other day or so for the past week... I want some kind of info. Just impatient I guess.

HoldernessMedia

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
How weird...I thought it was public but I guess not.

Go to the Support Chat and ask if the Lion update for the Duet FireWire is out....that may work for you......

Spoke to Support and the Duet Firewire software should be available publicly on their site later today. :)
I'll update the "temporary solutions" thread I started to let people know when the software is live and available.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Apogee have very *special* ties to apple and it's really poopy how the drivers are still in beta and there are so many bugs still.... Considering the lion DP has been out since feb and the price of these premium products for a company that develops only for one platform, it's a shocker

Papanate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
North Carolina
Apogee have very *special* ties to apple and it's really poopy how the drivers are still in beta and there are so many bugs still.... Considering the lion DP has been out since feb and the price of these premium products for a company that develops only for one platform, it's a shocker

Lion did not come out in February.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Check my post again friend; lion DEVELOPER PREVIEW

So many companies had time to create and test drivers. Tut tut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.