Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted a new television ad for the iPad on their website and YouTube channel. This ad focuses on the iPad's use as an educational tool.

Are you curious about new ideas? Do you want to learn a new language. Or just a new word. Maybe you want to know more about anatomy. Or astronomy. You could master something new or uncover a hidden talent. There's never been a better time to learn.
As usual, Apple focuses their iPad ads on user experience.

Article Link: Apple Posts New iPad Ad "Learn"

Last edited by a moderator:

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I can picture kids fighting over who gets to use the iPad first in class.

PeterSharp

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
I watch iPad ads and think about Android fanboys.. They just don't get it. It's like Steve said - "They are not even playing the same game."

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
You know what? I've really been wanting an iPad since March 2010. Every time I go to an Apple store, I get ready to pull the trigger but end up leaving empty handed. I already have my MBP and iPhone 4, so I really didn't need an iPad. But ever since HP had that Touchpad fire sale, I really started thinking about getting a tablet. At $99, the Touchpad was a steal.

Sadly, I didn't get one. :(

Just now, this commercial pushed me enough to actually go buy one ... a reurb one. Gotta save some money for that iPad 3! :D

PeterSharp

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
In Japanese/Chinese it means Friend.

In Japanese at least, the character alone is read as "Tomo" or "Yuu". Usually used along ”達" which reads "Tomodachi".

That's cool but a name of the app would be even better...

SandynJosh

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2006
You know what? I've really been wanting an iPad since March 2010. Every time I go to an Apple store, I get ready to pull the trigger but end up leaving empty handed. I already have my MBP and iPhone 4, so I really didn't need an iPad. But ever since HP had that Touchpad fire sale, I really started thinking about getting a tablet. At $99, the Touchpad was a steal.

Sadly, I didn't get one. :(

FYI: You can buy an Apple iPad in the parking lot for $300 that will work just as well as that Touchpad. Just don't remove the bubble wrap until you get home or you'll spoil the surprise. ;)

isoMorpheus

Jul 29, 2007
FYI: You can buy an Apple iPad in the parking lot for $300 that will work just as well as that Touchpad. Just don't remove the bubble wrap until you get home or you'll spoil the surprise. ;)

I bought one in the parking lot three months ago and have yet to unwrap the bubbles. In fact, I am starting to enjoy looking at bubbles. Maybe I'll just see it as is and put the thing on display. It might be the best $300 I've ever spent.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

diamond3 said:
can someone tell me what that anatomy app is ? :confused:

I went to the site to find a list of the apps in the ad but it's not there.

Anybody care to help?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skeleton-system-pro-ii-nova/id364694031?mt=8

I don't think it is. Pretty sure it's Skeletal 3D. Great app, I have it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.