Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
If I was to get an iPod shuffle, could I partition 100mb or so off and have it function properly still? Thanks.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I assume this is for file transfer and such. If that is the case, then Apple makes it very easy for you. All you have to do is open the Preferences window and select Enable Disk Mode or something like that in the iPod pane. Then just use the slider to select how much space you want for files vs. music and your done.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yep its as easy as kargner says, i have only 32 mb partitioned off for myself personally, but thats because i wont be carrying anything more than a few word docs back and forth, but you can set it to whatever level you would like

verozov

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2005
Columbia, SC
just thought i'd mention... i had a shuffle (sold it) and if you plan to use a mac for ur music, you can't switch files between platforms... or at least i couldn't...

really wish someone would have told me before i bought it though... maybe it was just a problem with me though...

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
verozov said:
just thought i'd mention... i had a shuffle (sold it) and if you plan to use a mac for ur music, you can't switch files between platforms... or at least i couldn't...

really wish someone would have told me before i bought it though... maybe it was just a problem with me though...

It comes as a FAT32 volume. Macs and Windows can read or write to it. You must have done something to it to change the formatting...

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
sounds good to me, i should be a happy camper come time for my birthday when i finally get one :) i love my gf.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.