Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
My little boy is playing SWKOTOR and is getting his butt kicked in the duals at the Cantina.. I seem to recall there were cheats for this game, but for the life of me, either by google search of forum search, I can find them.

How do I enable cheats in this game?

thanks gents.

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
thanks, seems like it's all PC oriented. Not sure what happened the the Mac cheats. I seem to recall there were some. Thanks anyway.

MacHipster

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago/London/Sydney
I just wait until I'm at level 5 (I don't level up past level 5 on Taris since I use the extra 3 level-ups on jedi stuff). At level 5, I've never had an issue. I use buffers and grenades on Bendak, but that's it.

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
Do a spotlight search for a file called "swkotor.ini" (I can't remember where it resides) and open it. Under the line of text that reads "[Game Options]" add a line thats reads "EnableCheats=1". Save this file and open KOTOR.
Load a game and press the "`" key (it's left of the "1" key) to bring up the console, now you can enter any of these cheats:

heal
settreatinjury (number)
setcomputeruse (number)
setdemolitions (number)
setstealth (number)
setawareness (number)
setpersuade (number)
setrepair (number)
setsecurity (number)
setstrength (number)
setdexterity (number)
setconstitution (number)
setintelligence (number)
setwisdom (number)
setcharisma (number)
addexp (number)
turbo
invulnerability
restartminigame
bright
addlightside (number)
adddarkside (number)
revealmap
givecredits (number)
giveitem (item name)
givemed
giverepair
givecomspikes
givesitharmor (number)
warp
infiniteuses
whereami
addlevel (number)
dancedancemalak

08/05/97

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2008
How do you spotlight search a mac?

I don't know macs very well but how do you search spotlight.

koivm

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
enable cheats for kotor on mac lion

i have kotor on mac os lion and none of the previous suggestions for enabling cheats has worked. need help!

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
For one, I don't have swkotor.ini

This file is necessary for KotoR to run...

Have you looked in YourUser/Library/Preferences/Knights of the Old Republic ? That's where it is located, and Spotlight seems set up in Lion to ignore the Library folder.

If you can't see your Library folder, enter this command in the Terminal:

Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library/

LeonardDevelope

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
This file is necessary for KotoR to run...

Have you looked in YourUser/Library/Preferences/Knights of the Old Republic ? That's where it is located, and Spotlight seems set up in Lion to ignore the Library folder.

If you can't see your Library folder, enter this command in the Terminal:

Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library/
Im lion too and i looked in my library and can't find the file ( i downloaded it from the mac app store btw) Help!!!!!!!!:apple:

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
Im lion too and i looked in my library and can't find the file ( i downloaded it from the mac app store btw) Help!!!!!!!!:apple:

Which Library? There's two... the one on the root level of your hard drive, and the one in your users folder. You have to look in the one in your users folder. IDK how the one from the MAS works, it may be slightly different. I don't have that version.

BTW, does the MAS version support widescreen resolutions?

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
My God, wasted lives playing vacuous games....

Then why did you waste minutes of your life you can never get back reading this thread?

Completeing the duals is also one of the last quest chains I finish (just have to make sure you do it before you get locked in the mansion.)

Even all these years later, this is my favorite game. I hope they re-release Sith Lords, maybe in it's finished form with the real ending and the HK Factory. Or the ability to unlock the entire ending without having to replay 10 times.

koivm

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Cheats for Kotor on Lion

I'm running Kotor bought from the Mac App Store on OS Lion and can't enable cheats.

I've tried:
-spotlight search for swkotor.ini, nothing comes up
-looking in the Library, theres no KOTOR folder or file in the preferences
-looking in the contents folder, nothing in there that works.

I'm stuck on fighting malak on the ship after being captured and can't beat him.

I need help...

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra

You're looking in the wrong Library folder. Look in the one in your users folder, as I mentioned (and provided instructions for) earlier.

OR

Looks like the MASb version locates the file under Application Support in your Library folder instead of in Preferences like the old version. This is technically a better place anyway. Have you looked in there?

I'm stuck on fighting malak on the ship after being captured and can't beat him.

You don't beat him, you have to survive each encounter. If you haven't leveled up properly it will be difficult. Use any buffs you've got (force-based or otherwise) that increase your defense and/or offense.

aislin

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2011
You're looking in the wrong Library folder. Look in the one in your users folder, as I mentioned (and provided instructions for) earlier.

OR

Looks like the MASb version locates the file under Application Support in your Library folder instead of in Preferences like the old version. This is technically a better place anyway. Have you looked in there?

I had the same problem trying to locate the correct folder. Turns out, the default settings of Lion will hide the user's library folder. Show Library Directory

Hope this helps!

pfeh. MISS ONE POST already explaining this and I can't delete this one! *deletedeletedelete*

Last edited:

dadrainer

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2011
Endor
I'm running Kotor bought from the Mac App Store on OS Lion and can't enable cheats.

I've tried:
-spotlight search for swkotor.ini, nothing comes up
-looking in the contents folder, nothing in there that works.

I need help...

I'm in the same boat

Romans25

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
Hello, i just recently bought KOTOR in the app store. and i cant find a way to enable cheats, i have done everything listed it seems like, i found the swkotor.ini file but it just opens the game, i tried searching in preferences and in application support and nothing. so can some one give me a step by step way to enable cheats?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.