Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HuskerInsanity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Hey folks I've had my iPhone for a little over three months and just recently I've been having problems charging my iPhone.

I get a message that says "Charging is not supported with this accessory" but my wall charger has worked in the past, though. When I move the phone when it's charging, it shows that it's not charging but it's plugged in. It's strange. Do I need to buy a new wall charger? Thanks.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Definitely a trip to a Genius in your future. Make an appointment and they will figure it out and (I assume) will replace whatever's broken. Don't wait for the one year warranty to run out.

Also, is that HuskerInsanity as in Corn HuskerInsanity? :)

Edit: I should add that you can visually inspect both the phone and cable for debris.

HuskerInsanity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Definitely a trip to a Genius in your future. Make an appointment and they will figure it out and (I assume) will replace whatever's broken. Don't wait for the one year warranty to run out.

Also, is that HuskerInsanity as in Corn HuskerInsanity? :)

Edit: I should add that you can visually inspect both the phone and cable for debris.

Or should I go to Verizon where I bought my iPhone? Should I call Apple? I know they carry iPhone accessories although they don't actually fix iPhones. Where I live (Lincoln) they don't have an Apple store which surprises me.

And yes, HuskerInsanity is actually my Twitter handle and corn has something to do it. ;) Follow me if you wish.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Is your sync cable also original?
I had a similar problem using a genuine Apple charger with a 3rd-party sync cable.
When I went back to a genuine Apple sync cable the problem went away.

HuskerInsanity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Is your sync cable also original?
I had a similar problem using a genuine Apple charger with a 3rd-party sync cable.
When I went back to a genuine Apple sync cable the problem went away.

Yes, this is the original sync cable that came with the iPhone when I purchased it a couple months ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.