Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
Incredible India.

Umm... not really. Apparently, FedEx is the only logistics service that has this problem. I think FedEx doesn't have anything here. The staff at their office were wearing FedEx uniforms, but their trucks had Blue Dart written on them. I haven't seen a FedEx vehicle in my city yet.

The best delivery people in India are the India Post mail men. They can even find homes which have no house numbers on them. It happened to me once -- I accidentally dropped one line from my address (the section/lane of my home), but the mailman still found it and delivered my mail on time.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
The best delivery people in India are the India Post mail men. They can even find homes which have no house numbers on them. It happened to me once -- I accidentally dropped one line from my address (the section/lane of my home), but the mailman still found it and delivered my mail on time.

And I love using Canada Post for the same reason. Helps we are in small community, but I've had letters delivered to me with my name and the name of the island, and nothing else. It helps that they are from my sister whose handwriting looks like a 6 year old. :)

Plus, if I get a letter into the mail box near my house by 10 am, I've got next day delivery anywhere on the island. For the price of a stamp. Beat that, FedEx!

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
I'm getting the refund!

Here's OWC's latest reply:

Thank you for contacting OWC customer support. The delays on your package were partly due to operational delays and partly due to weather. Weather delays are not guaranteed but operational delays are. For this reason I have set up the refund of your shipping charges and OWC will file a claim with FedEx for late delivery. The refund will be processed to your Paypal account so please allow Paypal a few days to process the refund to your credit card. If you have any questions feel free to contact me again. Thank you and have a great day!

Good guys :)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If it makes you feel any better, I've tracked some courier deliveries that come from California and clear customs in Vancouver (something like 50km away). Almost always shipments are then sent east. Way way east, to Montreal or Toronto, for sorting. Several thousand km away, and then back through Vancouver before reaching me. Or one time it was California, Chicago, Vancouver, Winnipeg, back to Vancouver, then me. You just have to roll with it... and make sure you get refunded your priority delivery charges.

I would have a hard time believing that if I hadn't had something similar:

Saskatoon > Regina > Winnipeg > Minneapolis > Louisville > Back to Winnipeg > Minneapolis again > Louisville again > Honolulu > Sydney > Still Sydney > Four days in Sydney > Auckland > Me.

After I received the package, it was still listed as "out for delivery" and it was roughly two weeks before the tracking status finally changed to "delivered" :rolleyes:

That was UPS though, not FedEx. I'm nervous of FedEx too as on multiple occasions they've delivered my stuff to the neighbours.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
See :) they care. And your local FedEx maybe is soon a local DHL ;) Nice to see it worked out and OWC cares about their reputation.

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility

Saskatoon > Regina > Winnipeg > Minneapolis > Louisville > Back to Winnipeg > Minneapolis again > Louisville again > Honolulu > Sydney > Still Sydney > Four days in Sydney > Auckland > Me.

After I received the package, it was still listed as "out for delivery" and it was roughly two weeks before the tracking status finally changed to "delivered".

That was UPS though, not FedEx. I'm nervous of FedEx too as on multiple occasions they've delivered my stuff to the neighbours.

I have no experience with UPS, but DHL always delivers my stuff on or before their estimated time. FedEx is literally pathetic (there are many horror stories on the internet), and just don't care about their consumers.

My package status was changed to "delivered" yesterday (one day after I picked it up). And they didn't even ask me about any ID proof/signature proof when I picked up my package.

See they care. And your local FedEx maybe is soon a local DHL Nice to see it worked out and OWC cares about their reputation.

Yea, they are very co-operative and have very good support.

Last edited:

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007

I'm just curious what someone in NZ would need from Saskatoon. I gotta figure you have friends or family there. I remember some great cabbage rolls while visiting there, but nothing I'd have shipped to the other side of the globe. :D

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
Knowing very little about Canada, I now need to figure out whether I was just insulted :p

No No No... if anything someone from Saskatoon might feel a big miffed.... But I'm curious what you needed from Saskatoon? I can't think of something that Saskatoon produces that you couldn't get from a larger and closer cities.

They do in fact make a very nice cabbage roll (ground-beef, rice, spices, in a tomato sauce, wrapped in - cabbage leaves. Baked until it's all soft and moist.) Often served with perogies, and sometimes borscht. For desert you'd have Saskatoon Berry pie (very very nice) or Apple pie, with ice cream of course. Makes very nice dinner. But I wouldn't ship them half way 'round the planet.

TinHead88

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2008
Yes, OWC has great customer service.

The other day I placed an order for several items and the next day I got one of their newsletters only to discover that all but one of the items had been reduced (only slightly but it still annoyed me). So I went on their sales support chat explained my situation and without demanding anything was told that the differences would be refunded to my account.

This is the kind of thing that makes people recommend them so highly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.