Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
I think he is completely wrong. I also think he has a history of talking when Apple would probably prefer he didn't. He better be careful, Apple may bite.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Meanwhile…..

Jobs: “Stéphane, this is Steve…”
Richard: “Aaah bon jour Le Steve, mon ami………”
Jobs: “NO iPHONES FOR YOU!!!”
Tim: "Steve, what did I tell you about prank calling France Telecom CEOs?"
Richard: “Sacré Blue!!!"

Added something.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
really?! do you have a link

http://www.cultofmac.com/when-is-th...-complete-release-timeline-predictions/112513

http://twitter.com/#!/9to5mac/status/111159931515830273

Screen_Shot_2011-09-06_at_3.30.39_PM.png

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada

So your source is another rumors site ?

At this point, we're deep in the realm of "Guessing" more than anything. Sit tight guys, there's no rush anyhow. It's just a phone and it's coming eventually. Whatever it is that will be announced at this point, it can't live up to the hype surrounding it, so might as well just not pay attention to rumors or you'll be disappointed no matter how great whatever it is the iPhone 5 is.

Why are people that cant wait for the iPhone 5 switching to Android? Makes no sense.

Because switching to anything other than Android makes even less sense ? Seriously, if someone decides that he'd rather get a new phone now, the Android devices are quite the most capable and best devices out there to switch to at this point.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Just a little correction here.

The translation of "ce qu'on nous a dit" is "what we've been told", not "what we heard".

Google translation is wrong on this one, and it changes the meaning a bit.

The correct translated phrase is:

"If I believe what we've been told, the iPhone 5 will be released on October 15."

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Actually the source is me, I stated here before those blogs the exact same theories pretty much.

So you're part of this whole "If we throw enough crap at the wall, something should stick" ? :rolleyes:

Seriously, at this point, someone is bound to be right, not because of some great insight, but through sheer luck. Every date, every feature, every scenario has been stated. Someone out there got it right that's 100% sure. That person had no sources or information, just dumb luck to be the one to guess the winning scenario.

The only thing clear at this point is that no one outside Apple really knows what is going down.

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Consequently, some have suggested Friday, October 14th as the most likely date for a debut, although others have claimed that Apple could roll out the new hardware a week earlier on the 7th.

Damn straight. It better be new. No more of those silly 4S rumors.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I only need oxigen, food and sleep. I can wait for a phone...

Totally agree :D. In the past I've said something similar and was flamed for my lack of concern for the desperate needs of others. :rolleyes::p

Yeah but, once the iPhone 5 is released, everyone will be talking about the iPhone 6 anyway.

That, and then talking about what a disappointment the new phone is because it didn't have (fill in favorite missing feature). I would bet that there are more negative posts after the release than positive ones. :rolleyes: ;)

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Because the world cares about other things than the iPhone 5, and if somebody urgently needs an high-end smartphone, I think the SGS2 is one of the best choices that can be made.

Actually the iPhone 4 would be one of the best choices he could make.

The SGS2 would be best rip-off choice he could make.

----------

That, and then talking about what a disappointment the new phone is because it didn't have (fill in favorite missing feature). I would bet that there are more negative posts after the release than positive ones. :rolleyes: ;)

It will be the most trash-talked phone of all time once its announced....

...and will go on to sell better than any individual smartphone in history.

As always, slight disconnect between forum whiners and real people.

djepsilon

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
Calgary, AB
I can't remember what countries got the iPhone 4 on the first launch day, but it could be that Oct. 7th is the US release and Oct. 15th is the international release no?

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
It will be the most trash-talked phone of all time once its announced....

...and will go on to sell better than any individual smartphone in history.

As always, slight disconnect between forum whiners and real people.

It has nothing to do with disconnect, more with hype. People are really getting hyped up over all this guesswork, taking rumors about what they see as "essential" features as 100% confirmed and dismissing rumors that hints that the feature isn't there.

At the end of the day, hype breeds disappointment. Always. Hype is never good, that's why taking any of these rumors seriously is a big mistake on the part of anyone.

Jagardn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
Because the world cares about other things than the iPhone 5, and if somebody urgently needs an high-end smartphone, I think the SGS2 is one of the best choices that can be made.

I'd like to see an example of someone who "urgently needs an high-end smartphone", is someone's life going to end if they don't have the latest and greatest phone? :rolleyes:

zeromeus

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2008
SOCAL
Apple will REALLY release the iPhone 4.5 on Sept. 31st!

Nobody really knows when Apple will release it's next generation iPhone until Apple announce it! Now CEOs might know the exact launch date, but they wouldn't be dumb enough to leak such information. Remember what happened to a certain publisher for leaking the iPad? So... I'm really hoping that Apple would send out invitations today for next week's event and announce that darn iPhone already! This wait is so annoying!

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Awesome!! can't wait until the 21st!!
Historically, Apple has typically made major live announcements on Tuesdays so that weekly periodicals can make their deadlines. All of their financial earnings conference calls are also on Tuesdays for this same reason.

A Wednesday event would be contrary to their usual behavior. Not to say that they couldn't do it, but they would probably upset some of the weekly periodicals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.