Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:33 PM   #1
iSIILENT
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Just purchase Ipad 2 need advice.....

Today i finally purchased Ipad 2 wifi 64gb from bestbuy.

i havent opened it due to that fact that am paranoid at new gadgets that i buy and i always need to make sure i do the right thing from the start (not even sure which iOS i have hopefully one that i can jailbreak ...first thing i did was purchased a smart cover (grey) at best buy and i also purchased the ZUM SC ULTIMATE from amazon but it will arrive Tomorrow. the reason i havent opened it has been because i have not purchased a screen protector, and i been looking all over on which one to purchase, i tend to have really oily fingers and tend to sometimes sweat a lil so i need something that is really good with fingerprints and ect.

right now am stuck on picking the power support hd protector or the iVisorAG , please any advice would be great.

now i need advice on the insurance part am looking to purchase the square trade insurance since am able to get 30% off, which it will come out about the same as apple care. now my questions is since the ipad comes with 1 year apple warranty , lets say i get the squaretrade insurance and something goes wrong with the ipad and i take it to apple and they hand me over another ipad for watever reason will that void my square trade insurance or am i able to transfer the insurance or does everything stay the same.
__________________
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16ghz , 500gb scorpio black iPhone 3gs 32gb JB Ipad 2 Blk 64Gb Wifi JB, Blk iPhone 4s 64gb w/ 4s Commuter case
iSIILENT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:41 PM   #2
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
My advice is that relax and just start using your iPad.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:43 PM   #3
xraytech
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
My advice is that relax and just start using your iPad.
+1

Agreed, break the seal and use it.
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:44 PM   #4
iSIILENT
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
My advice is that relax and just start using your iPad.
Oh thanks ! lol makes me feel that much better, now can you atleast answer the screen protector and insurance situation....
__________________
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16ghz , 500gb scorpio black iPhone 3gs 32gb JB Ipad 2 Blk 64Gb Wifi JB, Blk iPhone 4s 64gb w/ 4s Commuter case
iSIILENT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:47 PM   #5
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSIILENT View Post
Oh thanks ! lol makes me feel that much better, now can you atleast answer the screen protector and insurance situation....
Ok. Get a screen protector, they all accomplish the same thing...reducing fingerprints and protecting the screen. I just bought whatever one the shop had.

Squaretrade covers accidental damage, Apple Care doesn't.

Stop worrying about the screen and just use the dang thing. I think it will survive until your protector comes.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:55 PM   #6
xraytech
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSIILENT View Post
Oh thanks ! lol makes me feel that much better, now can you atleast answer the screen protector and insurance situation....
Screen protector = Don't need it

Insurance = Don't need it

But that's just me.
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:58 PM   #7
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech View Post
Screen protector = Don't need it

Insurance = Don't need it
I disagree.

I use a screen protector because my fingers don't slide smoothly over the screen coating like they do on early iPhones where the glass is not coated. This is annoying on games where my fingers have to make slight movements. I find a screen protector helps.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:04 PM   #8
xraytech
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
I disagree.

I use a screen protector because my fingers don't slide smoothly over the screen coating like they do on early iPhones where the glass is not coated. This is annoying on games where my fingers have to make slight movements. I find a screen protector helps.
Screen protectors are such an individual thing. My suggestion for the OP is try it out without and decide.
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:05 PM   #9
saberahul
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: On my iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech View Post
Screen protector = Don't need it

Insurance = Don't need it

But that's just me.
I agree, screen protector provides too much friction for me (I do a lot of notetaking with a stylus) so it isn't very viable. As per the insurance, get it if you need it... if it breaks - oh well. I'm not up for buying insurance as I'm quite responsible with my equipment.
__________________
iPhone iPad MacBook Pro
saberahul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:31 AM   #10
iSIILENT
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
whoooo just notice i have 4.3.3 ... jailbreak for me ..
__________________
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16ghz , 500gb scorpio black iPhone 3gs 32gb JB Ipad 2 Blk 64Gb Wifi JB, Blk iPhone 4s 64gb w/ 4s Commuter case
iSIILENT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:13 AM   #11
Brianws71
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
You have until the 1 year warranty is up to get apple care so why buy it now? Apple care doesnt give you anything diffrent until your one year is up. Plus if you decide to get ipad 3 in the next year why waste your money if you not going to keep the ipad 2 for more than a year.
Brianws71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:40 AM   #12
iSIILENT
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianws71 View Post
You have until the 1 year warranty is up to get apple care so why buy it now? Apple care doesnt give you anything diffrent until your one year is up. Plus if you decide to get ipad 3 in the next year why waste your money if you not going to keep the ipad 2 for more than a year.
yea i was not planning on buying apple care now, basically i wanted to know if i was to purchase the square trade insurance , and something goes wrong and i would like to go into apple store and have it fix , and for some reason they hand me over a different ipad , will it void my square trade insurance, main reason am getting square trade is for broken screen or water damage, i use apple for the 1 year for tech support and any hardware issues..
__________________
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16ghz , 500gb scorpio black iPhone 3gs 32gb JB Ipad 2 Blk 64Gb Wifi JB, Blk iPhone 4s 64gb w/ 4s Commuter case

Last edited by OllyW; Nov 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: quoted deleted post
iSIILENT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:54 AM   #13
ninerfan
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
To answer your questions about Square Trade:

1. Great company!! They offer accidental coverage (dropping, spilled liquid, etc.). Apple does not provide that coverage. In order to obtain it, you must buy the coverage within 90 days of purchasing your iPad 2.

2. Yes, the coverage is transferrable. My ipad2 was replaced by Apple and Square Trade simply took the new serial number and paperwork that Apple provided to me, done!!

Hope this helps! Enjoy iPad 2 and let us know how the Zum works out for you!
ninerfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:26 AM   #14
Lindenhurst
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSIILENT View Post
Oh thanks ! lol makes me feel that much better, now can you atleast answer the screen protector and insurance situation....
I had my iPad 1 since it came out and have no marks on screen. I hate the feeling of the screen protectors as well as the texture of some of them.

As far as the insurance goes, if I drop mine, I pay for it.
Lindenhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:38 AM   #15
iSIILENT
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
To answer your questions about Square Trade:

1. Great company!! They offer accidental coverage (dropping, spilled liquid, etc.). Apple does not provide that coverage. In order to obtain it, you must buy the coverage within 90 days of purchasing your iPad 2.

2. Yes, the coverage is transferrable. My ipad2 was replaced by Apple and Square Trade simply took the new serial number and paperwork that Apple provided to me, done!!

Hope this helps! Enjoy iPad 2 and let us know how the Zum works out for you!
Thanks !
__________________
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16ghz , 500gb scorpio black iPhone 3gs 32gb JB Ipad 2 Blk 64Gb Wifi JB, Blk iPhone 4s 64gb w/ 4s Commuter case
iSIILENT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: iPad purchase advice needed hminer205 iPad 16 May 27, 2014 04:51 PM
Next purchase advice please charlien Buying Tips and Advice 5 Jan 7, 2014 10:44 PM
In need of advice before a purchase Die RoZ MacBook Pro 7 Oct 9, 2013 03:21 AM
Purchase advice please. Rojomateus Buying Tips and Advice 2 Jun 2, 2013 05:45 AM
Want to purchase an Ipad 3 + 4g - need urgent advice! deosaa7 iPad 0 Jun 11, 2012 04:09 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC