Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duke49er

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2005
Wow....they can't be serious....

They need an interface designer on their team IMMEDIATELY. How in the world can they look at other chat applications and actually think that this is a good idea.

Thank God I found the link to download the old version. I didn't know it was available. I will be kicking it old school until they fix this mess.

akaralias

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2009
Oh! Well...

Skype is owned by Microsoft now!
We know how much they like to destroy the User Experience.
I only hope someone comes with a better idea...

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Skype is owned by Microsoft now!
We know how much they like to destroy the User Experience.
I only hope someone comes with a better idea...

The PC version has had ads since March, so I highly doubt that this was a MS decision.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Why oh why does Facebook feel like they have to be part of every aspect of our lives?

Next thing is going to be a Facebook integrated toaster. Whenever you make toast, Facebook updates your status about toast. Then all your "friends" can comment on your toast, and how they also like toast, and where the best places to get toast are, and how everyone does something different with their toast, but the fact that we all like toast brings us all a little bit closer together in this big ol' world, and if it weren't for Facebook, we wouldn't have ever realized how much mundane **** we have in common!

YAY! :rolleyes:

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Why oh why does Facebook feel like they have to be part of every aspect of our lives?

Next thing is going to be a Facebook integrated toaster. Whenever you make toast, Facebook updates your status about toast. Then all your "friends" can comment on your toast, and how they also like toast, and where the best places to get toast are, and how everyone does something different with their toast, but the fact that we all like toast brings us all a little bit closer together in this big ol' world, and if it weren't for Facebook, we wouldn't have ever realized how much mundane **** we have in common!

YAY! :rolleyes:

Voted up for toast epicness!

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
Give us a 2.8 interface view OPTION in the next version

Dear Skype,

Mac users have been saying this to you literally hundreds (if not thousands) of times since the debut of the 5.0 interface last year, but you have not listened. It's probably futile, but I'll say the same thing:

Can we please have THE OPTION OF A 2.8 INTERFACE VIEW in the next version of Skype? Heck, you can keep your crappy gigantic interface as the default, but just allow us the option of a 2.8 interface view.

WE DON'T NEED AVATARS IN THE CONTACTS BOX. USERNAMES ARE ENOUGH. Avatars take up screen real estate. USE THE 2.8 INTERFACE!

P.S. Please don't ask us to give you feedback if you don't listen to the #1 most popular suggestion by far (which was to use an interface the same size as 2.8).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.