Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danmc00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
I took my iPad on a trip last week and accidentally left it on. I went to use it today and it was dead. It showed the charge screen. I plugged it into the wall and it just keeps coming on and going off. I am not even touching it. It has been charging for a couple of hours now and still only has 1% battery life. I have tried several different outlets to make sure that is not the problem.
Any ideas on what to do???
The nearest Apple store is 4 hours from me, so taking it in is not an option.
Thanks for the help.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Call AppleCare. They will overnight you a box to ship the iPad in for repair.

Assuming you are in the US. You can call them at: 1-800-MY-APPLE

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I took my iPad on a trip last week and accidentally left it on. I went to use it today and it was dead. It showed the charge screen. I plugged it into the wall and it just keeps coming on and going off. I am not even touching it. It has been charging for a couple of hours now and still only has 1% battery life. I have tried several different outlets to make sure that is not the problem.
Any ideas on what to do???
The nearest Apple store is 4 hours from me, so taking it in is not an option.
Thanks for the help.

Which power adapter are you using?

Are you using 10w that came with the iPad or are you using the lower watt iPhone adapter.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Which power adapter are you using?

Are you using 10w that came with the iPad or are you using the lower watt iPhone adapter.

Ditto on that. The iPhone one doesn't seem to connect as good as the iPad one.

Also try unplugging it and plugging it back in to make sure the connector is seated better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.