Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
All of a sudden today I could not log into iCloud on Safari or anywhere else. I previously imported my MobileMe to icloud and it was been working great for weeks. Now, if I go to My Apple ID and sign in with the @me.com (which i use for iCloud) it says email not verified. If I try to send an email to verify it, it says "email already in use with another ID". So basically I cannot access my icloud account until .......@me.com is verified. Adding and removing emails from My Apple ID site is also messed up...you cant edit or delete any emails, otherwise I would change the email the verification is sent to to confirm the account.
Anyone else got this issue?
Perhaps it's something on Apple's end, but my partners same situation is fine...

sdunster

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2011
Me too...

"Check your email at undefined for instructions on how to verify your account"

Defender2010

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Any ideas how this problem is solved? Not being able to access email is starting to become a pain......

jamr

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
here´s a way around

So i was desperate and finally found a way around for not being able to read my me mails.

First I went to the iPhone settings, and clicked to add account -- other -- add mail account; and then I typed my "me" info in, but as a me account not an iCloud one, afterwards, the system requested incoming mail server and outgoing.

Incoming host name: mail.me.com
Outgoing: smtp.me.com

Afterwards, type save and it will be verified.

I know, you now have another mail account for this me, and it´s still annoying but it´s worse not being able to read messages, so until apple fixes this bug, i guess i´ll have to keep this other account.

Hope this works for everyone.

sdunster

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2011
My account seems to have mysteriously unlocked itself just a few minutes ago. I didn't do anything, must've been something on Apple's end.

Edit: Actually, I can get email (IMAP) but still get the same error message logging into icloud.com

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
Yeah, is half sorted for me. Can't verify my email address still and the account won't add back into iPad but is ok on iPhone and mac mail.

muthuka

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
Andover, MA
iCloud - Auth issue

So i was desperate and finally found a way around for not being able to read my me mails.

First I went to the iPhone settings, and clicked to add account -- other -- add mail account; and then I typed my "me" info in, but as a me account not an iCloud one, afterwards, the system requested incoming mail server and outgoing.

Incoming host name: mail.me.com
Outgoing: smtp.me.com

Afterwards, type save and it will be verified.

I know, you now have another mail account for this me, and it´s still annoying but it´s worse not being able to read messages, so until apple fixes this bug, i guess i´ll have to keep this other account.

Hope this works for everyone.

Ah. You saved my life. When I went through Apple support, they said since it's beta, they can't help me. But I was able to setup just my email for now. None of my other iCloud features work anymore.

That sucks. Buggy iCloud !!!:cool::rolleyes:

t11chb

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Solved

the site will not let you edit or delete any emails attached....how did you do it? Everyone else is also having this issue also...

I was clicking verify and it was doing nothing, so I clicked edit and re-entered my original address and saved it.

muthuka

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
Andover, MA
Ah. You saved my life. When I went through Apple support, they said since it's beta, they can't help me. But I was able to setup just my email for now. None of my other iCloud features work anymore.

That sucks. Buggy iCloud !!!:cool::rolleyes:

Also, instead of @me.com, I replaced that with @mac.com in appleid.apple.com. It solved all the issues :)

johnsmclean

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Now working as before. Tried again this morning and works fine and dandy. Didn't do anything different so problem must have been at Apple end.

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
My iCloud account has just started showing as verified again in the settings. Can't see the GM being the next release, iCloud (these issues as well as document syncing) is not ready to be a final product yet.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
My previously expired MobileMe trial account (migrated to iCloud) is now working for email. I can send and receive. But I still can't verify it without using my Gmail address. Ahhhhh!

Edit: To clarify, the verification email just doesn't arrive at my iCloud account. Any other emails arrive fine.

Edit: One verification email eventually arrived. I clicked verify and it seemed successful. But when I log into the Apple I.D site it still asks me to verify. However re-clicking the verify link in the email just gives me a message saying I'm already verified. So the Apple ID site is giving me conflicting messages.

Last edited:

yeticomes

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
I had the same problem today after weeks without any problems on my iPhone 4 & iPad 1 with iOS 5.7.

I had to change my Emailadress at the Apple ID Page back to my GMail Adress, then verified it from GMail and now everything works like before ...

jfinli

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I haven't been able to access my iCloud email since yesterday afternoon...not on my iMac, iPhone or the website...I have tried everything...not sure what is going on....no interruptions since I set up the email months ago.

Hopefully it will be back soon!

I had the same problem today after weeks without any problems on my iPhone 4 & iPad 1 with iOS 5.7.

I had to change my Emailadress at the Apple ID Page back to my GMail Adress, then verified it from GMail and now everything works like before ...

jackbos

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2007
I haven't been able to access my iCloud email since yesterday afternoon...not on my iMac, iPhone or the website...I have tried everything...not sure what is going on....no interruptions since I set up the email months ago.

Hopefully it will be back soon!

Same here!

samssf

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2008
Solved (for me)

In my case the problem was that apparently Apple's code doesn't handle the following scenario:

I have an apple ID that is my primary account where I purchase everything
I had another apple ID that I didnt know about, and that account's user ID is equal to my primary email address.

When I set up icloud Apple told me I had to switch to using an email as my user ID. So naturally I used my primary email address. But I would never receive the email verification email since that email was already being used in my other account.

Solution: Went to appleid.apple.com and logged into my apple account that had previously used my primary email, and changed that account's email address (and user ID). I use google email, and with gmail, john.doe@gmail.com and johndoe@gmail.com and john.doe@googlemail.com all resolve as the same address.

Then I was able to change the email associated with my primary apple ID (where I purchase everything) to my desired email (my primary email) and then I was finally able to verify the email address for this apple account. Then I clicked "make my userid and email address the same" or whatnot, and finished the process.

Whew...

kgans5

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
how i fixed this

When I updated my iPad to iOS5, Apple made me create a new apple ID that was the same as my primary email address.

My old apple ID was not an email address.

I logged into my old ID. I edited the primary email to my husband's email who does not have an apple ID. The verification email was sent to my husband. From there I clicked on the link to verify.

Now I could log into my new ID and set my primary email to be the same as my user ID. I was sent the verification email, clicked on the link and it worked.

Now my husband can forward any old ID emails to me :)

Since all my purchases are now on the new ID (this happened automatically when I updated to iOS5) I probably won't get any emails for the old ID (hopefully).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.