Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
This will indeed be a very special Keynote. This Keynote will usher in a new era for Apple, without Steve Jobs. Although i believe Apple will be fine without him, I believe that if Tim Cook does a lousy job and if we end up with only an iPhone 4S, then it'll be a major disappointment.

October 4th makes sens, but i was thinking the 5th. Well guys, looks like 1 more week until invitations are handed out! We'll be right one day ;)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I hope its worth the wait. Life has been a tad frustrating with my old brick 3G.

If you're going from a 3G it should be worth the wait no matter what we get lol...... For those of us on an iphone 4 it could possibly dissapointing.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
lol. kids at gizmodo got so excited, they even forgot how many days there are in a week...

ssssssm.png

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
I think I will upgrade from the four if I can get it for $200. I will have to check with my plan to see if I'm due for an upgrade. Like all of us, I use my phone every day, multiple times a day, so any increase in performance is worth a few hundred dollars.

I'm not expecting much of an increase in hardware though. But iPhone 4S is good enough for me.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Wow, the iPhone 5 sure got delayed this year! I wonder what the hell went wrong?!?!

(awaits people saying it was never delayed because techincally it was never announced, kid yourselves not folks, if they could have safely released it when they did the previous 4 times, they would.)

Um - probably the white iPhone? Or the CDMA iPhone? or Lion? Or the iPad 2? Steve's health/CEO changeover? Your choice but you have to admit they've ben busier than usual.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
If you're going from a 3G it should be worth the wait no matter what we get lol...... For those of us on an iphone 4 it could possibly dissapointing.

I'm upgrading from an iPhone 3G, and i'll be disappointed if we get an iPhone 4S.

It's either the 5 or nothing.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Inakto said:
Isn't it a little premature to call it an iPhone 5 media event, I mean we don't even know if we are getting a redesigned iPhone or simply "iPhone 4s" :/
Either way my 3GS Is getting quite old :(

iPhone 3G stands for 3G network
iPhone 3GS stands for 3G network + speed
iPhone 4 stands for 4th generation iPhone
iPhone 4S stands for...nonsense

The next iPhone no matter the name id going to be the iPhone 5! as in 5th, they can name it iPhone hyperscreen or whatever but IS going to be the 5!!!

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

If "All Things D" is calling it an "iPhone 5" it seems pretty clear that we're getting a real update. "All Things D" is a very reputable and well known source of official "unofficial Apple rumors".

As for the location of the event, I highly doubt it will be big enough to even require Yerba Buena - I'm guessing it'll be on campus.

4:20

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2011
I'm upgrading from an iPhone 3G, and i'll be disappointed if we get an iPhone 4S.

It's either the 5 or nothing.

I believe Tim Cook became CEO a couple of weeks ago BECAUSE there will be an iPhone 5. And it will be groundbreaking :cool:

Terrified

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
Jim Dalrymple has posted this on The Loop, simply saying "Yep". He's fairly reliable on these things, so looks like this may be legit.

ibrady

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
so excited! I'm back to using my ORIGINAL iPhone (still works fine) and has held up all these years. I'm hoping they go back to the metal backing, obviously it's much more durable than the plastic back in the 3G, 3GS, 4.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Apple has up its sleeves. Hoping for a good event.

deellow

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
The 25309

@bigjnyc, you have no earthly idea how much life stuck on a 3G has sucked recently. lol.

brewcitywi

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8L1)

bigjnyc said:
I hope its worth the wait. Life has been a tad frustrating with my old brick 3G.

I have a 3GS. It's held up fairly well with all the updates, but my contract has been eligible for update for a while.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but if only an iPhone 4s is announced, I'm not sure I'd upgrade, knowing that I'd be shut out of iPhone 5 and maybe even 6 cause of a new 2yr contract.

Many 3GS-ers might need to wait for 5, if it's not announced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.