Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

apple_Store_staircase.jpg

As expected, the new IFC Mall Apple Store in Hong Kong opened to long lines this weekend. NeonPunch provides this video showing the opening of the store:

Meanwhile, IFO Apple Store has posted an extensive Flickr gallery of the opening.

Article Link: Hong Kong IFC Mall Apple Store Opens to Large Crowds

Last edited:

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Holy line.

EmbraceTheOne

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2011
There's no confusing this with a Microsoft store opening. That's for sure. :D

I got in an argument on Youtube today, with a guy who strongly believed Microsoft is the richest company in the world. He said Bill Gates was the richest man in the world, and Because of that MS is the richest company.

I told him, Apple has more money than Microsoft, HP, and Dell COMBINED. Ofcourse, He continued to argue his point.

Watching this video, Makes me feel better about myself. Proves my argument :)

DESNOS

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
I got in an argument on Youtube today, with a guy who strongly believed Microsoft is the richest company in the world. He said Bill Gates was the richest man in the world, and Because of that MS is the richest company.

I told him, Apple has more money than Microsoft, HP, and Dell COMBINED. Ofcourse, He continued to argue his point.

People confuse size with wealth, that's the gist of it. Apple is known for its wealth, while Microsoft is known for its size. That's how I see it anyway.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Oh no! Samsung should open a same store in IFC HK and claim that Apple copies it.

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
It's just another apple store, why is the line and hype? They won't give you **anything** free... :confused::confused:

DESNOS

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
It's just another apple store, why is the line and hype? They won't give you **anything** free... :confused::confused:

Apple attracts brand loyalty like a sports team attracts fan loyalty. There really isn't much difference in that respect. Many people root for the Yankees, while others root for Apple. Despite what some people on this site would have you think, there's nothing wrong with that. :)

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am sure the next android store opening will be bigger

markfc

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Prestatyn, Wales, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

DESNOS said:

People confuse size with wealth, that's the gist of it. Apple is known for its wealth, while Microsoft is known for its size. That's how I see it anyway.

Quality v's quantity :)

macrumorsuser10

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Apple attracts brand loyalty like a sports team attracts fan loyalty. There really isn't much difference in that respect. Many people root for the Yankees, while others root for Apple. Despite what some people on this site would have you think, there's nothing wrong with that. :)

Ignore the non-believers. They're the same folks who would also say:

The Yankees are just another baseball team, why is the line and hype? They won't give you **tickets** free...

Constable Odo

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2008

Eventually Apple will have so much money, it'll be able to buy Microsoft with reserve cash. I predict major revenue losses from Microsoft in this coming quarter. I don't think they'll be able to downplay the Windows PC industry slump this time around. Microsoft appears to be on a Teflon-coated slippery slope overlooking a huge abyss. One wrong step and Microsoft will take a big fall. I'm not saying the company will become irrelevant but consumers will move away from Windows in droves.

Thex1138

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Steve would be proud. Another amazing store opening.
Ballmer (and now Samsung) would be getting their tracing paper and copying stamps out once again... They have no culture.

cactus33

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011

It's the FIRST Apple store in a city that is absolutely crazy about Apple products. They gave out free T-Shirts too !

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
There's nothing amazing about it. If you didnt already understand the worldwide impact & popularity of Apple, perhaps you've been living under a rock :)

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA

Anyone notice the glass stairs? Woman + skirts = a perverts dream.

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England

.....and lots of the beautiful Hong Kong ladies love to wear short skirts :D

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006

Lol! Maybe they employ a special guard to stop people looking up when they are on the stairs

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
I kind of feel bad for the staff...they had to run all the way to the end of the line and back :p

Additional note: People are actually holding up their iPads. IPADS. To record video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.