Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:54 AM   #1
BarryK88
macrumors member

How can I use openCV to recognize a card?

I'm using openCV with the example of "http://niw.at/articles/2009/03/14/using-opencv-on-iphone/en". I did succeeded using the Haar cascade which I used to detect eyes, nose, mouth etc.

However i need to recognize a rectangular object (like an IDcard) I did some research on this Haar cascade to recognize an IDcard but making my own Haar cascade xml file is a lot of work. (needed at least 3000 images to make one).

So I'm stuck at the beginning with recognizing objects. Is there anyone that can help me out with detecting a card with the iphone camera by means of the openCV library.

Help is greatly appreciated
BarryK88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:29 PM   #2
admanimal
macrumors 68040

Do you want to recognize a specific rectangular object, or a whole class of objects (e.g. all drivers licenses), or what? Do you need to just detect its presence in an image (i.e. there is the ID card), or recognize it (i.e. there is Barry's ID card)?

All of these things affect how you can approach the problem.
admanimal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:18 AM   #3
BarryK88
macrumors member

A user takes a picture of his ID Card with the iPhone camera on a even surface. Afterwords the iPhone needs to identify where the ID Card is. Finally the ID Card is being stretched out to a full size picture. It's only the image that matters (i don't want to use OCR).

Hope you can help out.
BarryK88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Tags
camera, image, iphone, opencv, recognition