Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superken7

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2011
How very convenient that this leaks RIGHT after news spread about the developer being unhappy and leaving facebook.

This guy was the lead developer and left and he himself did not even know when this was happening, and all of a sudden, casually just after the news of him quitting starts spreading, this stuff is published by Mashable. Who is known to be sort of a publicity-leak-machine for facebook. (remember last week's teaser of what was about to be announced at F8?)

Also, I would not rule out that this guy would have left even if he knew this release was coming if he was unhappy about what has been happening during the past year. Probably nothing an October release would change.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Yes please.

It makes a lot more sense than Twitter Integration... seriously, the first thing I want to do with my photos after I take them is get them on Facebook (Unless I'm taking the photo in the SMS app, in which case I might intend it for someone specific.)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Interesting development, if true. This has Tim Cook written all over it as Jobs purportedly hates Zuckerberg. Or maybe Apple and Facebook hate Google more.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I'll believe it when I see it. I was also curious as to why Apple partnered with Twitter over Facebook though. I am also curious about this supposed revamped iPhone app, since the current one is still pretty crappy, albeit is getting better with each update. The push updates are still his and miss though.

cshearer

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
If you really believe any of them are any different (myspace, Facebook, twitter, google plus, etc etc), you're nuts. People will keep moving to the newest and coolest indefinitely, but there's no difference. My demographic has no use for it, so we're not on any of them. Kids and women will always be into these things and move from one to the next, most people will not be into any of them.
Sure, these sites aren't of use to every single person in the world. However, saying they're all the same is completely false. There are huge qualitative differences between them, especially between Facebook/MySpace and Twitter.

Next time you throw around calling people nuts, at least use a couple brain cells in the process of formulating your thoughts.

IOOIIIOIIO

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
Seems fishy.

Mashable claims that Facebook is actually launching its long awaited iPad app at Apple's rumored October 4th media even where the company is believed to be launching iOS 5 and the iPhone 5.

Now then, why would anyone launch an iPad app at an launch for an iPhone?

CWT1965

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
Interesting development, if true. This has Tim Cook written all over it as Jobs purportedly hates Zuckerberg. Or maybe Apple and Facebook hate Google more.

They seemed to be getting on fine at the dinner Obama hosted, Ballmer was not invited so it seems that Steve and Zuckerberg hate Ballmer more.

Stiksi

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
One compound word: spyware. That's my honest opinion of the facebook app – whatever version on whatever platform. It tracks you and tries to sell you stuff. Kind of like a door-to-door hound. I don't need it pissing on my porch so I use the webpage and try to keep that in control.

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
Probably doing this to save face and make the developer look stupid. He (developer) was probably right about them not releasing it. However, after he opened his mouth they had to go, "Uhhh. Hahaha. Dummy, we were going to release it alongside the iPhone 5 the whole time! Hahahaha! Yea."

louis Fashion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, USA
My Demographic by l. Fashion

If you really believe any of them are any different (myspace, Facebook, twitter, google plus, etc etc), you're nuts. People will keep moving to the newest and coolest indefinitely, but there's no difference. My demographic has no use for it, so we're not on any of them. Kids and women will always be into these things and move from one to the next, most people will not be into any of them.

People try to put us down
just because we get around
not try'n to cause a big sensation
jus talk'n bout my demographic

my demographic baby......

Why don't you Facebook fade away....
Steal our info everyday.....

Sell it all to corporate sluts
got no money for your stuff....

--- drums by K. Moon.

tomegun

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Las Vegas
Facebook is easily the worst iPhone app. I don't understand why/how something can be on the iPhone and be so bad and inconsistent. It seems to go against the user experience.

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
I stopped caring about a Facebook app a long time ago. I spend less than 15 minutes on FB a week, tendency falling, as it is becoming more and more annoying to use.

It's not FaceBook that's changing, it's you. You are growing up and gaining sophistication. There will always be a place for FaceBook with the little kids.

Try Twitter I understand it's hot.

----------

The push updates are still his and miss though.

His and miss, your typos are so clever

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
God Facebook. ugh.

Please tell me that the announcement doesn't need to be 'spiced' up with a Facebook App demo...

----------

better than the 5th flight control app presentation ...

I'm reminded of the phrase 'why are we having a meeting for the sake of having a meeting...'

I understand some developers like to have Apple Demo their Apps on stage and all, heck it's great publicity, but when they had eBay demo their app, it was to me, just an extension of the web, just built native around the iPhone/iPad... I don't really think we need to devote x amount of time to these things, be it eBay, Facebook, twitter integration is different, as it can be used system wide in iOS 5, unless Facebook does too, I think it's a waste and time filler...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.