Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adey

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
Just think. Your friends integrated completely into your phone. So you can, like, tell them what's happening. In real time. Using your phone.

It's like 1876 all over again.

Except... They're not really your friends.

Are they?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

mbarriault said:
Definitely fake, but I would much prefer Facebook integration over Twitter integration.

Same. I've used the twitter integration in iOS5 once. Facebook I would use daily.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I think this is fake, and I really hope it is.

Facebook is disgraceful on the privacy front, and slowly working their way into every aspect of our lives, building their people database to sell to advertisers.

I hope Apple continues their trend of protecting our privacy. Hiding our identity from publishers who re-sell it and blockin UDID in iOS 5, Apple is doing the right thing by its customers.

I hope Apple is playing the smart game most in this industry are missing and building consumer trust and to make money in different, non-ad driven ways.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Now that the egomaniac is gone, I can see a thawing of the Apple/Facebook relationship.

That said, I don't want Facebook integration. Facebook's for girls.

tazinlwfl

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Florida
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just one more reason why we need a better spellcheck option in Photoshop...
:p

makingdots

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
I think this is fake, and I really hope it is.

Just want to let you know that if you didn't set up Twitter in settings, you wouldn't have the tweet button all over the place.

It will be the same if they integrate it with facebook. There will be no button to post it in facebook if you didn't set it up. So, you better calm down. :p

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Three possibilities:

1. As others have said, "fake".
  2. R&D picture of an early UI mockup.
  3. Confidential picture used for marketing, promotional, or training purposes. Any typos/image differences are intentional, to see who's leaking info. Every person or group is given a different picture; if a picture is leaked, Apple now knows where it came from.

WissMAN

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Lone Star state
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Facebook, like AOL won't last. Whats in it for Apple?

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist.

Twitter is currently optional and does not hassle you if you do not install it so why would this be different?

----------

Last edited:

pewra

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
]Confidential picture used for marketing, promotional, or training purposes. Any typos/image differences are intentional, to see who's leaking info. Every person or group is given a different picture; if a picture is leaked, Apple now knows where it came from.

You would just need a coloured pixel somewhere, not even visible to the naked eye. There's already technology there for doing that.

scottnj1966

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2009
If you know the spelling is incorrect which of course makes it fake, why post it?

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Here are some screenshots we received about possible Facebook integration into iOS 5.

Such a feature has not been announced, and we were unable to confirm the screens. Apple has provided Twitter integration into iOS 5 and included a framework to allow them to extend it to account integrations. So, Facebook integration as a system level feature would not be a stretch. These screens closely resemble those of Twitter's integration and could easily be mocked up:

Ultimately, Apple's decision to integrate Facebook into iOS seems to rest negotiations between the two companies. Apple had closely integrated Facebook into their Ping social service, but the feature was pulled at the last second due to "onerous terms" that Apple could not agree to at the time. Since then, Facebook may be feeling more pressure with the early growth of Google's own social network, Google Plus.

Article Link: Screenshots of Facebook Integration into iOS 5?

rroach3753

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
This is all but guaranteed to be fake! I'm running the most up-to-date iOS 5 beta and Facebook integration is nowhere to be found. Unless they added this to iOS5 GM and the Dev's haven't seen it, you're out of your mind to believe this...especially since someone spelled 'addresses' wrong!!

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
German mockup?

In German, "address" is spelled "Adresse" since the word was probably changed by the common use of the verb "to add." That actually originates from adressen, a middle-aged English word with French origin. Same for the German word but they didn't change it, they just conjugated it.

Back to the picture: Probably a mock up. Apple is not going dark ages on us, is it? :D

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
You would just need a coloured pixel somewhere, not even visible to the naked eye. There's already technology there for doing that.

Only that I would use a cell phone and make a photo of it in JPEG which then will compress out the pixel variance as being too small an information. If that is not good enough because it might tell which phone did it, you can print and re-scan it. There are just sooooo many low-tech conversions to throw off the geek tracing that you can get around it without getting caught. Purposeful misspelling is oldschool but might work better. But I personally agree with the people seeing this as a mock up.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
So much Facebook hatred! I don't see it. Especially the people dropping Facebook for Google+, which is just Facebook with less features. :rolleyes:

SuperMacMan

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
facebook.jpg

There is so much wrong with these images…

1) The times are significantly different in each
2) The WiFi icon is in a totally different spot in the 2nd picture, suggesting a different carrier
3) First one shows Bluetooth, Location and Orientation Lock on, 2nd one has none of them
4) 2nd picture is fully charged & plugged in, 1st one is neither.
5) Wrong Facebook app icon in first image
6) Facebook, Inc. not Facebook Inc.
7) Facebook discourages multiple accounts, so why the "Add Account"?
8) Adresses lol
9) Send button should read Share in 2nd images
10) Why is there a @ symbol next to the spacebar? Only Twitter uses this.

And that's just what I can see!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.