Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I dont know why this random song just came to me but..

"you better watch out
you better not dive
you better not knock out im telling you why

sheriff shanny is coming to town...
He's checking the list
hes knows if you are there twice
hes gonna know you've been naught or nice

sheriff shanny is coming town

he sees you when your'e a kneeing
he knows when you are youre hitting from behind

he knows if your bad or good so you better be good for your teammates sake.

So you better watch out you better not dive your better not knock out im telling you why

sheriff shanny is coming to town.....

the sad part of this is that am a jew......

That's not the sad part!:eek::D I hope you've been drinking.:p

Shana tova!

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
@lee: what about seguin? hahaha :p

c30f2fe5316038e_900.jpg
2af5049a93130b9_900.jpg

Well, they got the tats done right after they won.. it was within the first week so marshmont was probably slightly drunk..

all of these pics are from their $150,000 foxwoods party from the day after the parade.. they talked about this in boston back in june, so it's old news to me... guess it finally made it around the country 3 months later ;)

852ca1eb4ed044f_900.jpg
<- marchand's a ****in rock star though.. behind the bar making drinks and making out with the bartender.. hahaha

the tab... including the $100,000 bottle of champagne they drank out of the stanley cup :cool:

I thought the Blackhawks were far classier with the Cup when they brought it to the Pride Parade in Chicago. But that's just me. And yes, I am a goalie for the Chicago Gay Hockey Association, as well as the Evanston Men's League (all straight guys). Scary, I know! OMG! The homos play hockey now too! :) Guess what? We fight just as much. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkSt1KGo3Ts

Plus the event I recently took part in with the Hawks was great. See if you can find me in the photos in the Center on Halsted visit. :) The Hawks do amazing community outreach. That's what I call good sportsmanship.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?&location=/photos/community

Please tell me the Bruins are doing the same kind of things. I would hope they are. I certainly would forgive them their vices. ;) Everyone deserves some fun.

Point is- I love everyone I play hockey with. The best people in the world play hockey.

Last edited:

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Please tell me the Bruins are doing the same kind of things. I would hope they are. I certainly would forgive them their vices. ;) Everyone deserves some fun.

Point is- I love everyone I play hockey with. The best people in the world play hockey.

Of course they are. The cup has been all over the place this summer.. I've seen pictures of some of the guys taking it to the kids at hospitals in Boston and up in Canada, plus it has been at nearly all of the B's charity events this summer.

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
via Nick Kyperos on twitter

#Kings/Doughty bridge the gap and closing in on a new deal. He will be highest paid King. The deals not imminent but common ground found.

guess deano realized his PR campaign about the worth of his star dman blew up just like we all knew it would.

or someone else tried to make an offer and they had to match.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
^^^^he was probably going to be waived anyway.

I'm watching the Canucks @ Sharks game on the NHL Network, and they said that the Kings and Drew Doughty have come to a verbal agreement on a multiyear deal.

Looks like you posted as I was posting.:cool:

They just said that it's 8 years, $7 million per year. :eek:

Last edited:

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
^^^^he was probably going to be waived anyway.

I'm watching the Canucks @ Sharks game on the NHL Network, and they said that the Kings and Drew Doughty have come to a verbal agreement on a multiyear deal.

Looks like you posted as I was posting.:cool:

They just said that it's 8 years, $7 million per year. :eek:

I believe I called it earlier saying he could command 7 Mill-

I guess I know my lameo deano-always doing the right thing at the wrong times and the wrong thing at the right time

BTW-I fully admit my sharks look sloppy (even the PPG was ugly) against this half-baked canucks team and yes im worried....

ttttaylor

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2009
i'm thinking about paying for Gamecenter this year. . .

i can get it on my PS3, which would be better than searching for streams. i don't have cable, and even if i did i wouldn't get all the bruins games here in ontario.

anyone have any experiences with gamecenter? reliable? good quality? worth the money? and uh, you get all the playoffs too, right?

thanks in advance

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
i'm thinking about paying for Gamecenter this year. . .

i can get it on my PS3, which would be better than searching for streams. i don't have cable, and even if i did i wouldn't get all the bruins games here in ontario.

anyone have any experiences with gamecenter? reliable? good quality? worth the money? and uh, you get all the playoffs too, right?

thanks in advance

Yes-
DONT.

I have a 15+ MB connection and I had trouble loading an HD stream. Even the lowest quality would stutter. Forget watching 2 or more games. Even the classic games had issues. I literally cancelled the night I ordered it. I was quite disappointed.

Maybe its better this year but I would wait a little while-you can only cancel i think 7 or so days after so I would order it opening night or even day of first game-you get immediate access.

ttttaylor

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2009
Yes-
DONT.

I have a 15+ MB connection and I had trouble loading an HD stream. Even the lowest quality would stutter. Forget watching 2 or more games. Even the classic games had issues. I literally cancelled the night I ordered it. I was quite disappointed.

Maybe its better this year but I would wait a little while-you can only cancel i think 7 or so days after so I would order it opening night or even day of first game-you get immediate access.

rats.

do you have issues streaming anything else on your system? my imac has always been really good with HD veetle streams, over my ~6 mbps connection.

still, thanks a lot for replying. it's good to know that i can cancel shortly after if i'm not satisfied. i wouldn't be ordering it until midway through october, so i'll give it a little more thought.

i also worry about the whole blackout situation. i never really got the rhyme or reason to why certain games get blacked out in certain areas.

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
rats.

do you have issues streaming anything else on your system? my imac has always been really good with HD veetle streams, over my ~6 mbps connection.

still, thanks a lot for replying. it's good to know that i can cancel shortly after if i'm not satisfied. i wouldn't be ordering it until midway through october, so i'll give it a little more thought.

i also worry about the whole blackout situation. i never really got the rhyme or reason to why certain games get blacked out in certain areas.

no issues streaming anywhere else that I can recall (netflix, youtube, Vudu, ect, iTunes movies)

Blackouts are impossible to predict.
Example-when I went to college in San Luis Obispo (half way between LA and San Francisco), I was blacked out of San jose sharks games because the local cable provider could show the games but they don't. Therefore, because a cable company could do something but didn't, I could not get the games on Center Ice and had to restort to what you have been doing.

Since you don't have cable I don't see a reason not to try-if only to know if you can get the games at all, at which point you can see if you can make it work. Again, it is possible that they have improved the stability.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
The Blackhawks flat out sucked tonight. There was no excuse for some of the things Emery did as goalie. I know the guy has his weird quirks, but skating out past the circles? Come on! WTF was he thinking? That wasn't brave, it was stupid and cost a goal. At least I got discounted tickets from a friend who couldn't go. ;)

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
ok peeps, its time to make your pics-

winner gets free iPhone 5, courtesy of Crosby, since he will have some money and time to kill for a little while.

West Picks

Central-Hawks but wings will make em earn it

Northwest-Nucks since no one is good enough yet

Pacific-
Kings will make it a challenge for Sharks but Sharks should prevail

Atlantic
Really a push but i will just go with Pens

Northeast Bruins

Southeast-unless Ovie literally falls apart, no one will touch caps

East Champ-Bruins

West Champ-Hawks (i wanted to pick someone other who i want to so that I can at least I picked someone who has a chance).

Cup-Hawks in 6

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like we'll have to wait a while for that iPhone 5 prize.;)

By division, eh? Okay, here we go.

Northeast: Buffalo - this team was always competitive, now they have $$$.
Atlantic: Pittsburgh - I think Crosby is back by January.
Southeast: Tampa Bay - I think the Caps fall apart, and Boudreau gets axed.

Central: Chicago - with the Wings not far behind.
Pacific: Los Angeles- so dangerous now.
Northwest: Vancouver - the usual.

I'm having a very hard time trying to guess who will be playing for the Cup in the finals, but I can totally see the Blackhawks winning it again this season.

I'd like to see Kings versus Leafs in the finals though.....that way I can go to all the games!:p

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois

I'm having a very hard time trying to guess who will be playing for the Cup in the finals, but I can totally see the Blackhawks winning it again this season.

I'd like to see Kings versus Leafs in the finals though.....that way I can go to all the games!:p

The Blackhawks damn well better win it! They promised me and my team to our faces. Love those guys. :)

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
That's awesome. Good for them!

Lee I have to say you are very misinformed on the cups travels and the players dealings with it.
Maybe if Chara and Marchand shook down a cabbie for a couple of bucks change they would have scored higher.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Lee I have to say you are very misinformed on the cups travels and the players dealings with it.
Maybe if Chara and Marchand shook down a cabbie for a couple of bucks change they would have scored higher.

If you think he's misinformed, then why don't you enlighten him?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Northeast: Bruins (Buffalo next year)
Atlantic: Philly now that they have a real goalie and 3 lines solid D
Southeast: Caps (tampa's Stamkos will get a lot more attention this year)

Central: Wings - with the Hawks not far behind.
Northwest: Vancouver - the division is going to be a little tighter. Vancouver may realize their ROI on Luongo may never materialize

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
If you think he's misinformed, then why don't you enlighten him?

Charity events, hospitals, children's hospitals, Dana faber ( hospital for kids with cancer), last I heard was over 40 stop ins.
4 days of literately carrying the cup throughout Boston and neighboring towns.
Surprise drop ins at fire stations, beaches, malls, ice rinks, malls and clubs.
New York
The cup was very accessible to the fans.

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran

what division be closer-Pacific, Central or Northeast?

BTW-

you should know better than anyone what happened the last time LA and TO met in the playoffs-

you just better hope the refs see the high stick this time......

Last edited:

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
Opening day -- I'm freaking excited!!!

Btw: Selling my seats for 10/18 (Tuesday). Let me know if you are interested.. I have a different set for that night and will be going as well). Face value.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.