Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:36 PM   #126
Surely

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuestakid View Post
I dont know why this random song just came to me but..

"you better watch out
you better not dive
you better not knock out im telling you why

sheriff shanny is coming to town...
He's checking the list
hes knows if you are there twice
hes gonna know you've been naught or nice

sheriff shanny is coming town

he sees you when your'e a kneeing
he knows when you are youre hitting from behind

he knows if your bad or good so you better be good for your teammates sake.

So you better watch out you better not dive your better not knock out im telling you why

sheriff shanny is coming to town.....

the sad part of this is that am a jew......
That's not the sad part! I hope you've been drinking.

Shana tova!
Surely is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:08 AM   #127
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
@lee: what about seguin? hahaha

Thumb resize. Thumb resize.

Well, they got the tats done right after they won.. it was within the first week so marshmont was probably slightly drunk..

all of these pics are from their $150,000 foxwoods party from the day after the parade.. they talked about this in boston back in june, so it's old news to me... guess it finally made it around the country 3 months later

Thumb resize. <- marchand's a ****in rock star though.. behind the bar making drinks and making out with the bartender.. hahaha

the tab... including the $100,000 bottle of champagne they drank out of the stanley cup
I thought the Blackhawks were far classier with the Cup when they brought it to the Pride Parade in Chicago. But that's just me. And yes, I am a goalie for the Chicago Gay Hockey Association, as well as the Evanston Men's League (all straight guys). Scary, I know! OMG! The homos play hockey now too! Guess what? We fight just as much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkSt1KGo3Ts

Plus the event I recently took part in with the Hawks was great. See if you can find me in the photos in the Center on Halsted visit. The Hawks do amazing community outreach. That's what I call good sportsmanship.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/galle...otos/community

Please tell me the Bruins are doing the same kind of things. I would hope they are. I certainly would forgive them their vices. Everyone deserves some fun.

Point is- I love everyone I play hockey with. The best people in the world play hockey.

Last edited by leekohler; Sep 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
leekohler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:39 AM   #128
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
Please tell me the Bruins are doing the same kind of things. I would hope they are. I certainly would forgive them their vices. Everyone deserves some fun.

Point is- I love everyone I play hockey with. The best people in the world play hockey.
Of course they are. The cup has been all over the place this summer.. I've seen pictures of some of the guys taking it to the kids at hospitals in Boston and up in Canada, plus it has been at nearly all of the B's charity events this summer.
zioxide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:24 AM   #129
Man9z0r
macrumors regular

You guys don't have to worry the Cup will be back with the Red Wings after this season!
Man9z0r is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:15 AM   #130
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
Of course they are. The cup has been all over the place this summer.. I've seen pictures of some of the guys taking it to the kids at hospitals in Boston and up in Canada, plus it has been at nearly all of the B's charity events this summer.
That's awesome. Good for them!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:18 AM   #131
leekohler
Banned

All I have to say is- hell yes, Hawks! I played tonight myself against a fellow goalie and old work friend for the first time. It was a blast!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:01 PM   #132
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

Guess the system does work

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/9/2...aivers-nhl-ahl
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:13 PM   #133
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

via Nick Kyperos on twitter

Quote:
#Kings/Doughty bridge the gap and closing in on a new deal. He will be highest paid King. The deals not imminent but common ground found.
guess deano realized his PR campaign about the worth of his star dman blew up just like we all knew it would.

or someone else tried to make an offer and they had to match.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:16 PM   #134
Surely

^^^^he was probably going to be waived anyway.

I'm watching the Canucks @ Sharks game on the NHL Network, and they said that the Kings and Drew Doughty have come to a verbal agreement on a multiyear deal.

Looks like you posted as I was posting.

They just said that it's 8 years, $7 million per year.

Last edited by Surely; Sep 29, 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:49 PM   #135
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surely View Post
^^^^he was probably going to be waived anyway.

I'm watching the Canucks @ Sharks game on the NHL Network, and they said that the Kings and Drew Doughty have come to a verbal agreement on a multiyear deal.

Looks like you posted as I was posting.

They just said that it's 8 years, $7 million per year.
I believe I called it earlier saying he could command 7 Mill-

I guess I know my lameo deano-always doing the right thing at the wrong times and the wrong thing at the right time

BTW-I fully admit my sharks look sloppy (even the PPG was ugly) against this half-baked canucks team and yes im worried....
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:52 PM   #136
ttttaylor
macrumors regular

i'm thinking about paying for Gamecenter this year. . .

i can get it on my PS3, which would be better than searching for streams. i don't have cable, and even if i did i wouldn't get all the bruins games here in ontario.

anyone have any experiences with gamecenter? reliable? good quality? worth the money? and uh, you get all the playoffs too, right?

thanks in advance
ttttaylor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:11 PM   #137
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttttaylor View Post
i'm thinking about paying for Gamecenter this year. . .

i can get it on my PS3, which would be better than searching for streams. i don't have cable, and even if i did i wouldn't get all the bruins games here in ontario.

anyone have any experiences with gamecenter? reliable? good quality? worth the money? and uh, you get all the playoffs too, right?

thanks in advance
Yes-
DONT.

I have a 15+ MB connection and I had trouble loading an HD stream. Even the lowest quality would stutter. Forget watching 2 or more games. Even the classic games had issues. I literally cancelled the night I ordered it. I was quite disappointed.

Maybe its better this year but I would wait a little while-you can only cancel i think 7 or so days after so I would order it opening night or even day of first game-you get immediate access.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:24 PM   #138
ttttaylor
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuestakid View Post
Yes-
DONT.

I have a 15+ MB connection and I had trouble loading an HD stream. Even the lowest quality would stutter. Forget watching 2 or more games. Even the classic games had issues. I literally cancelled the night I ordered it. I was quite disappointed.

Maybe its better this year but I would wait a little while-you can only cancel i think 7 or so days after so I would order it opening night or even day of first game-you get immediate access.
rats.

do you have issues streaming anything else on your system? my imac has always been really good with HD veetle streams, over my ~6 mbps connection.

still, thanks a lot for replying. it's good to know that i can cancel shortly after if i'm not satisfied. i wouldn't be ordering it until midway through october, so i'll give it a little more thought.

i also worry about the whole blackout situation. i never really got the rhyme or reason to why certain games get blacked out in certain areas.
ttttaylor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:49 PM   #139
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttttaylor View Post
rats.

do you have issues streaming anything else on your system? my imac has always been really good with HD veetle streams, over my ~6 mbps connection.

still, thanks a lot for replying. it's good to know that i can cancel shortly after if i'm not satisfied. i wouldn't be ordering it until midway through october, so i'll give it a little more thought.

i also worry about the whole blackout situation. i never really got the rhyme or reason to why certain games get blacked out in certain areas.
no issues streaming anywhere else that I can recall (netflix, youtube, Vudu, ect, iTunes movies)

Blackouts are impossible to predict.
Example-when I went to college in San Luis Obispo (half way between LA and San Francisco), I was blacked out of San jose sharks games because the local cable provider could show the games but they don't. Therefore, because a cable company could do something but didn't, I could not get the games on Center Ice and had to restort to what you have been doing.

Since you don't have cable I don't see a reason not to try-if only to know if you can get the games at all, at which point you can see if you can make it work. Again, it is possible that they have improved the stability.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:52 AM   #140
leekohler
Banned

The Blackhawks flat out sucked tonight. There was no excuse for some of the things Emery did as goalie. I know the guy has his weird quirks, but skating out past the circles? Come on! WTF was he thinking? That wasn't brave, it was stupid and cost a goal. At least I got discounted tickets from a friend who couldn't go.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:28 AM   #141
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

ok peeps, its time to make your pics-

winner gets free iPhone 5, courtesy of Crosby, since he will have some money and time to kill for a little while.

West Picks

Central-Hawks but wings will make em earn it

Northwest-Nucks since no one is good enough yet

Pacific-
Kings will make it a challenge for Sharks but Sharks should prevail

Atlantic
Really a push but i will just go with Pens

Northeast Bruins

Southeast-unless Ovie literally falls apart, no one will touch caps

East Champ-Bruins

West Champ-Hawks (i wanted to pick someone other who i want to so that I can at least I picked someone who has a chance).

Cup-Hawks in 6
Old Oct 4, 2011, 05:32 PM   #142
Surely

Looks like we'll have to wait a while for that iPhone 5 prize.

By division, eh? Okay, here we go.

Northeast: Buffalo - this team was always competitive, now they have $$$.
Atlantic: Pittsburgh - I think Crosby is back by January.
Southeast: Tampa Bay - I think the Caps fall apart, and Boudreau gets axed.

Central: Chicago - with the Wings not far behind.
Pacific: Los Angeles- so dangerous now.
Northwest: Vancouver - the usual.

I'm having a very hard time trying to guess who will be playing for the Cup in the finals, but I can totally see the Blackhawks winning it again this season.

I'd like to see Kings versus Leafs in the finals though.....that way I can go to all the games!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 05:35 PM   #143
leekohler
Banned

Quote:

I'm having a very hard time trying to guess who will be playing for the Cup in the finals, but I can totally see the Blackhawks winning it again this season.

I'd like to see Kings versus Leafs in the finals though.....that way I can go to all the games!
The Blackhawks damn well better win it! They promised me and my team to our faces. Love those guys.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:05 PM   #144
bruinsrme
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
That's awesome. Good for them!
Lee I have to say you are very misinformed on the cups travels and the players dealings with it.
Maybe if Chara and Marchand shook down a cabbie for a couple of bucks change they would have scored higher.
bruinsrme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:11 PM   #145
Surely

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
Lee I have to say you are very misinformed on the cups travels and the players dealings with it.
Maybe if Chara and Marchand shook down a cabbie for a couple of bucks change they would have scored higher.
If you think he's misinformed, then why don't you enlighten him?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:24 PM   #146
bruinsrme
macrumors 68040

Northeast: Bruins (Buffalo next year)
Atlantic: Philly now that they have a real goalie and 3 lines solid D
Southeast: Caps (tampa's Stamkos will get a lot more attention this year)

Central: Wings - with the Hawks not far behind.
Northwest: Vancouver - the division is going to be a little tighter. Vancouver may realize their ROI on Luongo may never materialize
bruinsrme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:50 PM   #147
bruinsrme
macrumors 68040

Quote:
If you think he's misinformed, then why don't you enlighten him?
Charity events, hospitals, children's hospitals, Dana faber ( hospital for kids with cancer), last I heard was over 40 stop ins.
4 days of literately carrying the cup throughout Boston and neighboring towns.
Surprise drop ins at fire stations, beaches, malls, ice rinks, malls and clubs.
New York
The cup was very accessible to the fans.
bruinsrme is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:11 PM   #148
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

Quote:

what division be closer-Pacific, Central or Northeast?

BTW-

you should know better than anyone what happened the last time LA and TO met in the playoffs-

you just better hope the refs see the high stick this time......

Last edited by cuestakid; Oct 4, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
cuestakid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:40 AM   #149
zioxide
macrumors 603

about time he got one
zioxide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:45 PM   #150
MooneyFlyer
macrumors 65816

Opening day -- I'm freaking excited!!!

Btw: Selling my seats for 10/18 (Tuesday). Let me know if you are interested.. I have a different set for that night and will be going as well). Face value.
MooneyFlyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion