Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhetorique

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Hi everyone,

i have a imac g3 333 mhz which i want to install mac os x on , i did the most recent firmware update and i do have mac os 9.2.2.

Please note that i tried with os x jaguar and os x panther to no avail.

What happens is i get to the blue menu and i get the screen preparing installation (mouse is working) but when i'm about to get the screen to prompt the installation, screen goes black and says : the installer has quit due to an unexpected error (exit code 0) please restart your computer. i cant get any further

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.

rhetorique

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
yes , it's a retail disc, that's why i'm really wondering what's the problem ?

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
when you boot osx can you get to "Disk Utility" before you try to install osx?

if so then it may be because you need partition drive so that osx partition is no bigger then 7.4gb (make about 7 gigs)

ps: i would avoid jaguar...panther will be faster and less buggy

MAC MAN JW

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo,Ny
Hi everyone,

i have a imac g3 333 mhz which i want to install mac os x on , i did the most recent firmware update and i do have mac os 9.2.2.

Please note that i tried with os x jaguar and os x panther to no avail.

What happens is i get to the blue menu and i get the screen preparing installation (mouse is working) but when i'm about to get the screen to prompt the installation, screen goes black and says : the installer has quit due to an unexpected error (exit code 0) please restart your computer. i cant get any further

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Did you update your imacs firmware? it is needed to run/install os x 10.2+ :)

Edit: sorry i missed that you said you alredy did the firmware update :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.