Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
wow its incredible how long it took, too bad the itunes model is on the way out and the spotify model coming in

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

iTunes 11 next week.
I hope New Zealand will get a better range of iBooks, all of our books are free useless ones.

And also I hope they expand tv shows to New Zealand as well.

Žalgiris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Lithuania
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

iTunes 11 next week.
I hope New Zealand will get a better range of iBooks, all of our books are free useless ones.

And also I hope they expand tv shows to New Zealand as well.

Useless? Are you okay?

lukaszsw

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
Friendly English grammar note - "Sweden" and "Polish" (noun and adjective) should be capitalized since they refer to countries.

It was easy to recognize that "here in sweden" should have been "here in Sweden".

However, on first reading "a polish store" would be a store that makes things shiny (it "polishes" them).

Just a helpful comment - my French is mediocre, my Spanish bad, my German and Italian barely understandable - but my Thai is fine in restaurants (although tonal languages are very hard for me - I get confused because to me "I'd like sauteed eggplant" and "your grandmother is a slut" sound very similar in Thai). I assume that the waitstaff is being polite and assumes that I'm talking about eggplant, regardless of what I actually said.

I actually know that but it I choose to use my native language grammar rules ( because it was 2 a.m) and I typed it twice hoping that iPad would correct me ( again 2 a.m.), then gave up.

Back to the topic: iTunes Store. Poland. Finally.
Oh, the prices are in € obviously and because of that we pay 1.4 times the price. Not that attractive.

Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Europe
I can confirm. iTunes Music is working on my iPhone in Romania. :apple: :D I hope I get the music I want.

Last edited:

pepitko

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
This is awesome, hello from Slovakia and Czech Republic, after years of being neglected it seems that music industry indeed wants our money. Thumbs up for Apple for going through all of the local laws.

cudo

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
In my head.
Friendly English grammar note - "Sweden" and "Polish" (noun and adjective) should be capitalized since they refer to countries.

lol, I guess he/she followed Polish grammar where adjective, even if it refers to a country keeps lower case. Only country name gets capitalized.

As to the store itself i got some questions:

Where is Polish music? (I don't mean Brodka)
Where are books? (Project Gutenberg?)
Where are movies? (We don't need subtitles!)

Is it April fools' day yet?

Apple, never gonna change.

k995

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2010
Wauw overpriced DRM ridles books and movies thats really what people were waiting for.

lantinian

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
Varna, Bulgaria
Yes

I am from Bulgaria guys, got my first iPhone there in Sep 2007.

This is huge news for me. I can finally tag a song with SoundHound and buy it if I want it bad. :D

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I haven't opened iTunes except to listen to NPR since Spotify was released in the US. This model is BROKEN.

No everyone has unlimited data or ADSL-still cheaper than most retail (not Amazon but Amazon is available in fewer places than the iTunes store :mad: ).

Anyway, the real problems/bad guys have always been the record companies. Don't know why folks pick on Apple and Amazon for that. :confused:

----------

lol, I guess he/she followed Polish grammar where adjective, even if it refers to a country keeps lower case. Only country name gets capitalized.

As to the store itself i got some questions:

Where is Polish music? (I don't mean Brodka)
Where are books? (Project Gutenberg?)
Where are movies? (We don't need subtitles!)

Is it April fools' day yet?

Apple, never gonna change.

Again fault of the publishers here. We just got paid books in Switzerland for the first time.

steadysignal

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
There are so many local laws regarding copyright and charges for publishing content which is copyright protected that it takes some time until one can offer services. Remember that most youtube videos are not accessible in Germany, a country with roughly 85 million people because the regulatory agency GEMA is blocking potential violations from the get-go.

lets hope it all works out for everyone involved then...

phasornc

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2003
What to do you mean Latin America doesn't have iTunes. We've had it here in Miami for years!;)

...when is Apple going to place its eye on Latin America? Do they know that Netflix already rolled over here, right? right?

Sarcasm aside, I don't blame Apple, I blame movie studios and music labels. Their archaeological way of doing business is quite irritating. Here in Latin America we have a very sincere lust for paid content at a fair price and good service and again and again they block Amazon, Apple and others to expand content not only to Latin America but the rest of the world as well. Yes, I know there is something called Copyright laws, but when it comes to money and their survival, does that archaic rules apply? Wake up guys, you're not in the 20th century anymore.

prspectiv2

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
There are 12 new European countries?!! Fantastic! The mommy and daddy countries must be so proud.

Dualica

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2010
home is where my heart is
Films to Norway

Finally getting films to Norway. Haven't looked much into it, but the few I looked at: they are overpriced, the dvd's in the stores are much cheaper.

The point is: choice! If we wish, we could :) And that's good news!

EDIT: Okay, I had a closer look. There are not only cheaper movies, there are also movies one doesn't find on the dvd market. So a big thumbs up for movies on itunes!!!

(downloading my first of two movies :) )

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.